The Pug That Couldn't Run

ash1

Guest donatella

Loca is adorable and I think raises great awareness that 'special' dogs can be loved just as much as normal dogs too.

Ataxia is not painful nor life threatening to the dog, in fact its more dangerous to have it operated on.

People no doubt in the past dump their 'not perfect' dogs and I think this is a big thumbs up to show just how special and gorgeous they are in their own way.

She's become somewhat of a worldwide celebrity :D

I was on the fence about whether this was poor taste but when I read the moral at the end I thought its great. The dog has a disability, he has a family of dogs and humans that love him and looks like he gives life a good go. Good on them for loving every scrap of him.

Ataxia is not painful nor life threatening to the dog, in fact its more dangerous to have it operated on.

How do you know that? Ataxia can be a symptom and it may progress to become more avanced depending on the cause.

How awful that this family have videoed their dog, put an awful song to the clip and use it to get laughs. :(

Edited by Pippa

Yes it is distressing for us to watch Loca run but apparently the type of Ataxia Loca has is niether painful nor lifethreatening. She seems to live a full, playful and engaged life. I think the ditty is very clever. As it says in the article Loca is being tested - which means her affected DNA is highly valueable for isolating the specific allelle that is affected on the relevant chronosome. I would think without the pubicity Loca has recieved research would never have been offered. Loca is obviously much loved, accepted and adored by her family. I think the family should be applauded for bringing Ataxia (which occures in a number of breeds) to peoples attention with humour and love. :thumbsup: Rather than alot of breders do who have the NIMBY syndrome - Not In My Back Yard - and pretend its not happening at all.

Edited by Tapua

Guest donatella

How do you know that? Ataxia can be a symptom and it may progress to become more avanced depending on the cause.

How awful that this family have videoed their dog, put an awful song to the clip and use it to get laughs. :(

Because there is a write up about the dogs condition. The family have had it investigated and were told it is non life threatening nor painful to the dog and that they had a bigger risk of loser her if it were to be operated on.

That is how I know.

I am in two minds about it actually. While it seems cruel to make a joke of his condition, obviously the little dog is well loved. I do wonder if the condition will progressively worsen over time especially with the amount of exercise the dog (apparently) gets.

Hope this hasn't been posted before:

It has.

Well that means jack to Ash1 seeing he/she hasn't enough posts for OT.

And that means jack to me because I can't see post counts, nor do I check everyone's post counts before replying.

It has.

And that means jack to me because I can't see post counts, nor do I check everyone's post counts before replying.

Don't really care if you can't see post counts that's your problem. You know it was posted in the TOIL thread so posting...it has... is pointless and rude to ash1.

Edited by stans mum

It has.

Don't really care if you can't see post counts that's your problem. You know it was posted in the TOIL thread so posting...it has... is pointless and rude to ash1.

I was merely responding to a post, which is not against the law. Actually, It's the point of a forum!

It has.

What is she ash meant to do, apologise? It's generating discussion.. the point of the forum..

New members shouldn't be scared to post anything at all in case someone once posted about it. There's a difference between asking an inane question that has been asked millions of times and could be answered by a 2 second google search, and just making conversation or sharing something interesting.