Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

Nick X was on radio this morning saying how he has been helping Spring Gully for weeks quietly, this is how a real politician should work. Working hard behind the scenes for the good of the company not for their own political agenda

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh FGS, if you looked into the whole Rescues Unite quiz night, you'd realise that it is organised by Help Save the Furry Ones, which has all the relevant documentation required to fundraise.

And ever stopped to think that the reason Lola went off her nut this way is because they killed 3 of the dogs that were taken, and the kitten? And they now won't tell her the status of the others?

If help save the furry ones give money to Moorook then they are in breach if Moorook don't have their fundraising licenses. If Lola really gave a damn about those animals she wouldn't have been keeping them in puppy farm conditions for 20 years. She just doesn't like things being out of her control.

not to mention the fact that Moorook have admitted they free range their cats waiting for adoption, as they consider it cruel to have them in cages - no it is cruel to let them roam like that and not be able to be monitored, handled or fed properly, far more easy for cats to be bullies to each other under these conditions, and an injured cat escape notice, plus spread disease through the colony, and the reality is I am sure the real reason the cats are kept that way is not at all for their welfare but rather that meant they did not have to change litter trays

Absolutely nothing I said on the day I got blocked from both Moorook's and Mark's pages was inflammatory or attacking in any way and I was always polite

I was polite and non-inflammatory, no name-calling, when I posted on RSPCA SA's page. And I got banned. Same thing, really.

Of course my phone number and address is critical to the substance of my arguments :laugh: As if I'd be stupid enough to open myself up to death threats from his groupies! He is trying to get people to ignore the page because he knows there is evidence there he doesn't want supporters to see.

Ker, you are making the mistake of assuming that if you are anti-Moorook you are pro rspca. From the start I have been critical of the rspca's initial response to this. They have since handled it a lot better. Also note that if you post on the rspca page on a thread unrelated to Moorook your comment will get deleted.

Ker, you are making the mistake of assuming that if you are anti-Moorook you are pro rspca. From the start I have been critical of the rspca's initial response to this. They have since handled it a lot better. Also note that if you post on the rspca page on a thread unrelated to Moorook your comment will get deleted.

I'm aware of that. So I posted in the first thread they put up about Moorook. And I got my message deleted and banned.

I am totally anti-RSPCA. After seeing Freedom Kennels and knowing they did NOTHING and after one other issue, then yes, I have absolutely no time for them. They do not do enough and that's why I've joined this. I want the SA RSPCA run more like the ACT one. I don't want them folded. I want more accountability to the public.

I'm not supporting any person. I'm in it for the animals of Australia. And being blind is NOT a reason to kill a dog! My friends just lost their old dog. She was 16 and had been blind for a year or so. Their other dog is the same age and he's deaf. They both managed perfectly well. And do you REALLY think the other dogs they took are still alive? Arthritis, when being managed by Cartrophen, is also not a reason to kill a dog.

I agree that Mark is mismanaging the situation, but I also don't think Lola is in a position to cope with the RSPCA, media and court on her own. Mark is all she has. And yeah, ok, maybe he is using it as a bit of a political grandstand, but show me a pollie that doesn't? Whej Tony Abbott is running around kissing babies, do you really think he gives a shit about those babies?

I've met Lola. She DOES have a heart of gold. She doesn't take bullshit and she speaks her mind, so she gets people offside at times. But she gives a shit about animals, which makes her ok in my book.

Ok, Moorook wasn't the Ritz. Lola admits that, everyone admits that. The RSPCA would have been much better to go in gently and say "this needs to be fixed", rather than storming in bull headed, taking animals and killing them. I've been to Freedom kennels when they were in existence. I got a guided tour from the drunk that was running it. If Lola's place is bad, well why was Freedom passed so often? The shelter for the dogs was 3-sided tin shantys. The yards were all dirt. No concrete. No grass. If Lola's is like a youth hostel, well Freedom was like the ghetto.

You are making the same mistake that the other supporters are, the dogs weren't PTS because of being old, but because they would have had age related untreated illness. How can you claim that she cares when she watches them suffering? That is not care, that's actually selfishness. She has sick animals, she has rehomed sick animals, she rehomed undesxed animals to keep breeding, she rehomed unvaccinated animals, she rehomed to anyone who gave her $50, she keeps them in inadequate enclosures in their own filth, she keeps them in enclosures that expose them to extreme heat and cold, she lets them drink from green water because she can't or won't keep their water clean, she has let dogs breed, she lets cats roam all over the place transmitting disease. That is just the stuff I can say publicly and if you think that is giving a shit you need to go see some real shelters, ones that don't have serious cruelty charges pending.

What happened with Freedom Kennels is a separate issue to what has happened with Moorook. The issue isn't that Moorook wasn't a state of the art kennel, it was that it was filthy, dangerous, completely inadequate in terms of shelter and accommodation and that she had at least four times the number of dogs she was approved for and could not care for them.

Ok. a Pig shed. has a tin roof, but open. Concrete runs 1M by 3M, housing three small dogs. Adequete? A dirt run, tin shanty type shelter, a straggly tree, measuring about...3M by 5M, full of dog poo, no water, some food. Housing 6 - 8 dogs. 132 dogs on premises. Yes, I counted. I had plenty of time there. All dogs filthy, dirty, stinking, undersize, knotted coats. Cavs with overbites and labs whose heads were too big for their body. Sound like the Ritz? Well that is what the RSPCA deemed as ok. Freedom Kennels. That place STILL haunts me, 4 years on.

The threats are coming from both sides of the camp, reportedly and it's not something I get involved in, because it's just stupid. The bullying IS coming from the other camp as well, and don't pretend you don't know that!

What happened with Freedom Kennels is a separate issue to what has happened with Moorook. The issue isn't that Moorook wasn't a state of the art kennel, it was that it was filthy, dangerous, completely inadequate in terms of shelter and accommodation and that she had at least four times the number of dogs she was approved for and could not care for them.

Ok. a Pig shed. has a tin roof, but open. Concrete runs 1M by 3M, housing three small dogs. Adequete? A dirt run, tin shanty type shelter, a straggly tree, measuring about...3M by 5M, full of dog poo, no water, some food. Housing 6 - 8 dogs. 132 dogs on premises. Yes, I counted. I had plenty of time there. All dogs filthy, dirty, stinking, undersize, knotted coats. Cavs with overbites and labs whose heads were too big for their body. Sound like the Ritz? Well that is what the RSPCA deemed as ok. Freedom Kennels. That place STILL haunts me, 4 years on.

The threats are coming from both sides of the camp, reportedly and it's not something I get involved in, because it's just stupid. The bullying IS coming from the other camp as well, and don't pretend you don't know that!

So, you think Moorook is ok because there is one worse? Slightly flawed logic there.

I am not saying that Moorook is ok because Freedom was worse. I am saying Why is the RSPCA lambasting Moorook when they let FK go on so many times? There is no consistency in their actions whatsoever. They also let slide a cruelty case more recently that involved dead dogs.

The girl that made the Rants page is a complete idiot. I wasn't all too fussed by the thread about me, but be damned if I wasn't going to defend myself.

That's the problem with lies, everyone has to be on the same page. Note that picture that snook posted and the old freezer or whatever it is. On one of the videos that Mark posted it showed that from another angle and had two cats wandering around. Above that freezer thing is a solid roof, allowing easy access for the free ranging cats to jump in. That is their quarantine, the one they were whinging about how the rspca inspectors didn't wash their hands, but cats have access, making it useless anyway. Just another example of the bull going on there.