Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe his involvement is motivated by politics. When I spoke with him I got a very strong impression it was about what he felt was best for the animals ,and his sense of justice. I think that is affecting his judgement, actions and behaviour. Don't think he would have done what he has done the way he has done it if it were more calculated or motivated by politics.

See... what is overly apparent with regards to a few rescues (and their followers) is the overwhelming desire to be looked upon as being "fighters for the cause" - with one problem being that some people have a greater desire for positive accolades than is commensurate with their actions. It really isn't "for the animals", it's for the feelgood factor the person gets when complimented on how many animals they have "saved".

Rescue should not be about how MANY we "save", but how WELL we do it.

Taking on more animals than one can safely look after on one's own, and thusly becoming reliant upon volunteer workers and lots of donations, is not how one runs a safe and successful rescue.

Rescue does not have to be a money pit either - one could (theoretically) run a financially viable and successful rescue if they wanted to - however, it would mean being a hell of a lot more selective about intake and expenses, how one allocates time and resources, etc. The only hurdle to this goal is the nature of the beast - the urgency to get animals off the euth lists at pounds - that many people tend to start letting the heart rule, when the brain really should be the organ doing the thinking... and that's when they start getting in over their heads.

T.

If all these supporters, and those who seem to have endless hours available to keep check of those supporters,would put as much time, effort & passion in to implementing a change in mindset about how pet ownership is viewed & valued in sections of our society, there may not even be a need for private animal shelters.

If all these supporters, and those who seem to have endless hours available to keep check of those supporters,would put as much time, effort & passion in to implementing a change in mindset about how pet ownership is viewed & valued in sections of our society, there may not even be a need for private animal shelters.

thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif

This just in, from Marks page

I have had a call. From the federal police, I am still at Moorook, they have asked that complains and screen shot be taken of a certain page and be sent. To ther on line complaints site, this is very serious indeed, they are already investigating the issue in detail, so if you have been targeted or offended, please also lodge a complaint

I would think that the death threats to the rspca employees family would come before comments on his exact quotes. He is full of it, his back is against the wall and all he has is his made up world where he is saving the world and pretending the feds are approaching him. Bitch please, I wouldn't even waste my brother's time with asking about something so stupid :laugh: However I might just ask him what the consequences are for pretending there is AFP involvement. MN got a good rap on the knuckles for doing something similar.

perhaps the huge volume of supporters aren't at Moorook at the moment, so he is trying to whip up frenzy about something else for them? Very strange, and guess the animals at his wildlife place don't need a lot of work to keep their shelter clean.