Funny Things You Have Heard About Your Breed...

SwaY

What are some of the funny things you have heard about your breed...

The latest for me is that the breed should "hover" when on the move - Still can't find that in the standard :laugh:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are some of the funny things you have heard about your breed...

The latest for me is that the breed should "hover" when on the move - Still can't find that in the standard :laugh:

Mmm, I think that is Ibizans!

Worst I have heard from a judge, 'loved the cat feet on my BOB'. Funny only because they ares supposed to have hare feet.

Well owning Hairless Chinese Cresteds you can imagine what things we get!

The latest was a kid in the local park, not the nicest or most charming comment coming from a 12 year old but made me chuckle to myself, just the way he said it was too funny.

"What the f@#K is wrong with that dog!?"

Poodles and Whippets seem to have been spared some of the sillier comments (at least around me) but I have been gobsmaked once.

A friend and I were out walking our poodles in an offlead area one day when a passer by commented "oh how lovely, I didn't know poodles could run". :dropjaw:

I think we managed to keep the WTF expressions off our faces.

I do get asked A LOT if Whippets are timid. I usually answer by getting mine out of their pen. :)

I must say after doing one lap of an agricultural show ground with Keshwar and Zac the IW, you have to have the patience of a saint to show a giant breed. The "where's the saddle" comment got a good work out.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Gotta be the old potato about Staffords having a "lock jaw".

Yeah, they may well be able to hang on, but it's the super-strength masseters and the iron will that does it!!

I grew up with really lovely British Bull's and they to got the lock jaw thing often.

I do wonder how this keeps going :)

I must say after doing one lap of an agricultural show ground with Keshwar and Zac the IW, you have to have the patience of a saint to show a giant breed. The "where's the saddle" comment got a good work out.

If I had a 5 cent piece for every time I had been asked that, I would have a sack about the right weight

to drop on the toes of the people that make the comment.

The usual when it comes to a Dane

saddle, big pooh, eats a lot blah blah

The best was a man who rang up ask for the runt of the litter - he wanted a tea-cup Great Dane :laugh:

That's not a pedigree poodle because they only come in miniature size.

Er, no it's not a pedigree poodle because it's a Portuguese Water Dog :laugh:

Suggest you don't try walking a PWD & a correct-sized Staffordshire Bull Terrier (no, it's not a miniature anything thanks!)

I once had general public telling her kids

"Oh yes those are Whippets, those are the dogs that you can feed as much as you want and they never get fat!"

I explained that wasn't the case and Rommi in particular was a pig and I often adjusted her food as she would eat way too much if you gave it, she'd eat it.

As they walked away person goes to her kids, no that's rubbish they never get fat.

What would I know then hey ???? :)

That only Bullmastiffs that have a diamond shape patch of white fur on their chest are actually purebred. Thats the only way to tell that they are pure apparently *nods* ( and for those playing at home a small patch of white hair on the chest of the Bullmastiff is permissible but not desirable).

Oh yes and then there was the pizza delivery guy who

wanted to know why I had clipped my Afghan off. Sorry

I don't have an Afghan............. Oh yes you do it's

the big white dog right there!!! NOOOOO that is a Borzoi...

No it is an Afghan he insists....

The Min Pins were nearly always"- Öh look at the Chihuahuas". "No dear, they're Miniature Pinschers". Or maybe they're Miniature Dobemanns! Had an Afghan puppy down at the local swimming hole one day and two guys were discussing what breed he was. All sorts of wild guesses, then I took the pup in for a paddle. Great enlightment when we came out - "It's a poodle and hasn't been clipped yet" lol.