Jet, Our Dol Schipp

BJ.

My daughter had to make the hard decision yesterday to put her little black Schipperke to sleep. He had been going down hill with age related illnesses and it was decided to let him go rather than face another harsh Canberra winter. When you have to entice a Schipp to eat you know that its time.

Jet came to us about 6 years ago, my daughter was moving out of home and taking her little cream schipp with her but she was worried about her being on her own as she had always had other dogs for company here. A puppy would have been difficult as Bec works shift work and needed to get her new house sorted. About the same time Blakbegian posted about a litttle Schipp boy in Melbourne that needed a new home, and long story short Jet flew to us (hence his new name) with his foster Mum. From the moment he arrived he just fitted. He and Elsa got along famously, he was so easy going he did not seem to mind being bossed around by her. Jet was very deaf when he came to us and slowly over the years he also lost his sight so he relied on Elsa more and more. He became a bed hog and loved sleeping curled up behind your knees.

We are so glad we put our hands up for this little fellow and feel blessed that we got to share his twilight years. We are all going to miss him but most of all my daughter and Elsa will have a large hole in their lives.

Fly free little man.

post-1009-0-72297600-1365207764_thumb.jpg

BJ thank you for opening your heart and home to such a special boy. I am sure he will have appreciated and enjoyed every moment of love you and your family gave him. Run free Jet.