Things Your Dogs Do To Get Your Attention

huski

Stussy has an arm scratching/dragging technique to remove my arms from the keyboard when she thinks I have been on the computer for too long. She also kind of huffs or pants while she does it and the sound causes her to look like she's smiling (an evil smile).

If Tempeh doesn't get fed according to her schedule she could wake up a person in a medically induced coma and they would feed her just so they could get back to sleep! The sighing starts, it gets louder and louder, higher and higher and is first accompanied by nose nudges to various parts of the body, with a few paw taps thrown in. The nose nudges turn into little nips if ignored and the pitch of the loud sighing just keeps getting higher is combined with yawns and normally takes place next to your ears. Then she jumps on and off you (if you are lying down or reclining). It really is so pathetic and irritating that you can't ignore it. It sounds like she is going to die if not fed immediately. She uses the same technique whether it is to me or my sister and whether we are asleep or sitting at the computer or on the lounge or hanging out washing or....

Edited by Little Gifts

Harper comes and sits next to my arm when I'm on the computer (and she wants some loving) and starts manically licking my arm and elbow... which makes it VERY hard to navigate with the mouse!

Zeddy will sit next to me and start sighing and whining if she doesn't get an immediate response.

Pickles has no decorum at all - she just stands on her back legs and starts pawing at me for attention.

Trouble sits in front of me and just stares for as long as it takes...

T.

It makes me laugh so much when she is doing it, she is SO silly and adorable... It would be annoying, were it not insanely cute! She does it to my bf too when he is on his laptop. If you put the laptop down and try have a cuddle with her she will run off and bring her ball though :laugh:

Meeka likes me to play tug of war with her rope toys. If I am not responding she bangs at my hand with the toy until I respond. She is super insistent. I can sit watching TV for an hour while playing a never ending game of tug of war, and I dare not stop pulling.

If I am on the iPad she will put her paw right on it til I am forced to put it down

Tess will whine. And whine.... and whine..... Until I talk to her.

I've got two sofas, and the dogs swap about between being on one with me or being on the other one alone. When Tess wants to sit on the sofa with me she'll do her usual whine and Fleming is so good he gets off the sofa next to me, waits for Tess to move over, and then jumps up onto the other one. he is such a good boy :)

If there is any type of footwear (shoe/slipper/thong) on the floor, Ruby will pick it up and walk away slow enough so she knows you see her, when we ask her to bring it back, she casually brings it back and waits for the praise bringing you your shoes.