Rspca

Jed

Your response doesn't even make sense. My point was that stating a dog is not aggressive on the basis of a few photos is ridiculous.

Well maybe if you had just pointed that out calmly and not so aggressively, Tarope wouldn't have come back so emotionally. :shrug:

I agree that making a decision as to a dog's character, personality, aggression or otherwise from a photograph is making a huge and most likely erroneous assumption, but you don't have to beat the person around the ears.

For such a stupid comment I thought I was pretty restrained with my response actually and I am not responsible for whether other people can control their emotions or not.

Charming response.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RSPCA has many problems and needs an absolute shake up- there will be no argument from me there. But getting up in arms about something without a factual basis does not help this cause.

I never knew anythinga bout Clifford- never heard of him till i joined DOL. I don't know whether the RSPCA are lying about him or not. But dogs can display sudden aggression- i know a dog that was in foster care pending a court case. He had been in the home for months. One day he bit the carers face very badly- she had to have multiple plastic surgeries. The dog was put down- everyone was devastated. What should have happened in that scenario?

They lied from day one & used poor little Clifford as a revenue raiser.

Their policy is to not re-home Pitbulls, yet they were saying to all & sundry, that they were going to let Imogen Bailey adopt him when he was recovered from his injuries & begging for people to donate money to make this happen.

There were many of us on DOL, who knew from day one what Clifford's fate would be. :cry:

They are liars & use animals to make money, they are a disgusting organisation & should either be shut down, or someone take control of them, who actually cares for "All creatures great & small", not just money.

Edited by mantis

Hey mantis, do respond to the actual topic since this one is not about Clifford. Can you provide actual evidence (i.e. not crocodile tears) about Charlie the red ACD being the face of a MPW?

You can't tell me who to respond to, I was replying to a post that mentioned Clifford. :doh:

Totally OT JED Here is Stacey no handicaps at all still alive and doing Training and clinic's in the USA .

Thanks Griff :)

This is the blurb that has been accompanying the clip on FB:

A deaf-mute girl, on a horse that she had ridden for THREE weeks!! not to mention the song she

picked out to dedicate to her deceased father! Listen to the announcer's voice crack!

The horse she is riding is not even hers; she is training it for a client and has had it only 20 days

at the time of the ride shown here.

Note that she rides without a saddle or halter and bit and (obviously) without voice commands.

She is using the method used by American Indians. When you think your voice can't be heard I

want each of you to watch this Video.

She has no voice. She cannot hear. Yet she has persevered and achieved VICTORY!

And here is her wesbite and bio

Stacy Westfall

and the horse which she had trained from 2002-2008

Roxy

I have no idea why anyone would fabricate such a story, but they do it all the time, that's why Snopes and Hoax Slayer exist.

With regards to Clifford... 4.5 months kenneled at the Yagoona RSPCA shelter would most likely have seen him go "kennel crazy" - I've seen first hand what a bull breed dog that had been kenneled for too long can do to a handler (of no minor experience may I add)...

Some dogs just shouldn't be warehoused in kennels for indeterminate periods - no matter how much money they are bringing in in donations.

As for Charlie - I can't find any references other than those being thrown about by certain Facebook groups.

I'll reserve judgement until I have irrefutable proof of the claims about Charlie - no matter what I usually think of the RSPCA.

T.

Hey mantis, do respond to the actual topic since this one is not about Clifford. Can you provide actual evidence (i.e. not crocodile tears) about Charlie the red ACD being the face of a MPW?

You can't tell me who to respond to, I was replying to a post that mentioned Clifford. :doh:

Yes, but you're one of the 'It's true! It's true' people, aren't you?

Is the Clifford story not true?

The AWL on the Gold Coast copped a lot of flak a while back for a similar thing. Can't remember the dog's name now but a large breed that they had up for adoption for some time. Unfortunately for some reason no one was interested and he was PTS but there was a lot of backlash because they said it was because of "behavioural problems" that apparently had developed while he was waiting for adoption. This really did happen because they posted themselves about it on Facebook at the time. It went against their blurb that once "approved" for adoption all dogs are kept until a home is found but this dog did not cope well in the kennel environment apparently.

Totally OT JED Here is Stacey no handicaps at all still alive and doing Training and clinic's in the USA .

Thanks Griff :)

This is the blurb that has been accompanying the clip on FB:

A deaf-mute girl, on a horse that she had ridden for THREE weeks!! not to mention the song she

picked out to dedicate to her deceased father! Listen to the announcer's voice crack!

The horse she is riding is not even hers; she is training it for a client and has had it only 20 days

at the time of the ride shown here.

Note that she rides without a saddle or halter and bit and (obviously) without voice commands.

She is using the method used by American Indians. When you think your voice can't be heard I

want each of you to watch this Video.

She has no voice. She cannot hear. Yet she has persevered and achieved VICTORY!

And here is her wesbite and bio

Stacy Westfall

and the horse which she had trained from 2002-2008

Roxy

I have no idea why anyone would fabricate such a story, but they do it all the time, that's why Snopes and Hoax Slayer exist.

Thanks for that. Yep, there are a lot of rumours flying around the 'net. That one is a doozy!!

According to photos, and the RSPCA website, yes it is true. It was scandalous. At the time, we were taking bets on whether poor Clifford would survive when he ceased to pull donations.

I think Sheridan is trying to find out if the story about the cattledog is true.

Oh here's Erny! Have you found any evidence that Charlie, you remember Charlie, don't you Erny? The topic of the thread? Have you found any evidence that Charlie was the face of a MPW? That's who I'm talking about, as was clear from the post above.

The Justice4Max page talks about Charlie being used for media promotion. All I'm asking is this: why is there no evidence of this media promotion? Perhaps tarope and mantis can provide it?

Sheridan,

Can you prove there's life on other planets ?

The Justice4Max page talks about Charlie being used for media promotion. All I'm asking is this: why is there no evidence of this media promotion? Perhaps tarope and mantis can provide it?

Sheridan,

Seriously, tarope? That's your response? Do you really think the RSPCA can erase evidence of a media promotion from the Internet? Or are you claiming the RSPCA, media savvy and online for years, didn't promote a MPW online?

Sheridan,

:rofl:

I know!

Sheridan,

Seriously, tarope? That's your response? Do you really think the RSPCA can erase evidence of a media promotion from the Internet? Or are you claiming the RSPCA, media savvy and online for years, didn't promote a MPW online?

If I had a web site I could make any changes I wanted, just as I can change or edit my posts on DOL...anything can be changed or deleted by the copyright holder. So the answer is...yes they can. :D

Sheridan,

If I had a web site I could make any changes I wanted, just as I can change or edit my posts on DOL...anything can be changed or deleted by the copyright holder. So the answer is...yes they can. :D

There are ways to see the history of websites after they've been deleted.. lol.

Snook, I'm just going to go with tarope not knowing how the Internet works. Nor indeed media promotions.

Oh here's Erny! Have you found any evidence that Charlie, you remember Charlie, don't you Erny? The topic of the thread? Have you found any evidence that Charlie was the face of a MPW? That's who I'm talking about, as was clear from the post above.

Not yet - but I haven't had time to move through all the posts I've read to back track.

But my question hasn't been answered. Is the Clifford story not true?

And there's no need for the tone, Sheridan. That's uncalled for.

Edited by Erny

Erny, my post was about Charlie, as I have already pointed out to you in my last post. I'm not talking about Clifford. I think others have already answered your question in that regard.

That's ok, Sheridan. The question was there for anyone to read and anyone to respond with an answer. Not just you.

But (to everyone who is reading) .... my bad. I should have read through the posts a bit more thoroughly (extremely time poor is my reason and excuse) as I would have seen that in fact, it was true. Question answered. Thank you.