Rspca Rescue Show

mantis

Very emotional episode - especially as it is a story that all on DOL followed so closely at the time.

I had told my OH about the terrible fire and of Jed's truly brave and miraculous recovery,and he too watched the show last night and was touched by the story.

Jed - your heroism at the time was amazing, but understandable due to the strong bond you have with your dogs. One of the things i and my OH commented on was the beautiful condition they were all in, and their friendly disposition, despite the trauma they had been through - a real credit to you. :thumbsup:

Recovering from burns is a long and hard road... I wish you all the very best for a continued recovery. You so deserve a long, healthy and happy life. :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou for the link , i don't watch the show as it makes me cranky, but will go and watch it now.

I often wonder how you are Jed, i am glad you are still part of DOL still :)

I just watched, so sad, and what wonderful friends you have.

I love where you live, what a beautiful scenic place to be.

Edited by juice

To read Jed's post here, you'd think she had a bit of the stint in hospital, waltzed out, collected the dogs and got back into life again. No mention of the weeks in a coma, excruciating pain, skin grafts, learning to walk again, pain pain pain pain and then more pain. And not to mention struggles with authorities trying to get her home rebuilt.

Not many of us would have come through.

She should be cloned :thumbsup: We need more like her.

Thanks, DD. Still can't move properly, still have ongoing issues from grafts and burns, still have back pain from lying still for so long (although I am sure I was turned), will never work again ........ some psychological issues, and maybe ptsd. Still on lots of pills --- this healing doesn't happen in a second, but seeing that film showed me that there had been some improvement ... well, I have hair now, and proper eyebrows and eyelashes. And I don't fall over as regularly as I used to. I am gradually recovering my strength, and I can now prune larger branches than I could, and slide the couch across the floor.

I am grateful for all my friends .... and really ... for what the RSPCA did .. my dogs were better for the RSPCA intervention.

No point in snivelling, it was my choice..... it is what it is.

I would be suprised if you didn't have something like PTSD Jed, you have literally been to hell and back.

The fact you have come as far as you have is amazing. You are just a bit special :)

Jed... you are an inspiration to many - what you have been through would have completely crushed most of us.

I have always respected your sound advice and the amazing knowledge that you so willingly share with many a newbie (and some "veterans" that need reminding now and then also).

Hoping that the rest of your recovery is less painful than what has so far been endured - and grateful that your spirit is still strong.

T.

I've never ever forgotten this.

Me either.

I'll never forget the lovely atmosphere in the DOL waiting room, with the muffins and hot chocolate.

I'll never lose the image of the dogs huddled under Jed's bed. Heartbreaking :(

And I'll always have the most immense respect for Jed.

(and keep giving torches and sometimes smoke alarms in secret Santa packages)

Three years. Lovely to see puppies keep happening and life is going on :)

Best wishes to your family and friends too Jed, they were pretty cool to a bunch of mad dog people in cyberspace!

Oh yes the waiting room vigil, that was such a comfort.

Smoke alarms are very important mine went of randomly one night -scared hell out of me - not sure what the issue was but thankfully no fire, but it was that loud which I was glad of as I was out of bed in a flash - concerning thing, kids slept through it!!

Edited by OSoSwift

I've never ever forgotten this.

Me either.

I'll never forget the lovely atmosphere in the DOL waiting room, with the muffins and hot chocolate.

I'll never lose the image of the dogs huddled under Jed's bed. Heartbreaking :(

And I'll always have the most immense respect for Jed.

(and keep giving torches and sometimes smoke alarms in secret Santa packages)

Three years. Lovely to see puppies keep happening and life is going on :)

Best wishes to your family and friends too Jed, they were pretty cool to a bunch of mad dog people in cyberspace!

Ohhh is that why! I saw references to that in the secret santa thread, but didn't know the background.