Kelpie X

micko

Yep definantly dingo in him but was said to be just kelpie x dingo wasn't sure if he had anything else. Or if he's only thrown to the dingo side. Thanks for the reply

He looks to be quite heavy in bone to me, but maybe it's just a stage he's going through. I would have thought a kelpie dingo would be finer, that's probably one of the reasons why GSD came to my mind.

By coincidence, he looks very like a lost dog I saw on my walk this morning. Only that fellow was overall, more like the colours in this fellow's tail. I described him to the Lost & Found as a bit like a Kelpie (in shape) but also a bit like a German Shepherd (in heavier bone).

BTW Tried to call the lost fellow but he was frightened by then.. & kept running on. Had a blue bone-shaped ID on his collar.

He reminds me of my Doofus!!!!

post-27922-0-80052500-1370314557_thumb.jpg

post-27922-0-79857600-1370314580_thumb.jpg

post-27922-0-87431300-1370314588_thumb.jpg

He's a Kelpie X German Shepherd. I don't have a good photo of his tail on here but it is exactly the same, with the black hairs through it.

For a cross breed you do see a lot of dogs around of this "type", there are a few in my neighbourhood that make me stop and double check no-one has stolen my dog!!!!

Could be anything ...unless you saw the parent/s ...

kelpie X lab , kelpie X GSD ..or a mixture of several breeds, including dingo .....he certainly has a non-dingo tail ..and that wide chest made me think lab ;)

if it is 100% certain he has dingo blood - then just read up on their particular behaviours .. get him desexed while he is still young , do lots of training with him ..and enjoy.

Having spent a bit of time in the outback, it was common to see Dingo crossbreds. They often retain the white tip on the end of their tail, which is common in a dingo.

Your dog certainly may have some dingo, but looks a little too heavy boned to have much of either dingo or kelpie. There is possibly something else in the mix perhaps?

I gather that Dingos in alpine regions tend to be heavier set than those from the outback.

If he has a good nature, the dingo in him should not be a concern. They make good companions but tend to be aloof with strangers.

I saw a near identical dog to him on Pet Rescue recently.... & he was described as Kelpie X Ridgeback. Of course, I realise that's probably just someone's impression. Just as it's only our impressions of this boy.

Given dingos (and hybrids) are prohibited as pets in Queensland, you might want to reconsider the ‘dingo’ reference in your gumtree listing for him. I would also recommend desexing him prior to rehoming.

Given dingos (and hybrids) are prohibited as pets in Queensland, you might want to reconsider the ‘dingo’ reference in your gumtree listing for him. I would also recommend desexing him prior to rehoming.

Yeah your right I spoke to council pure dingo not a bitsa

Edited by micko

Having spent a bit of time in the outback, it was common to see Dingo crossbreds. They often retain the white tip on the end of their tail, which is common in a dingo.

Your dog certainly may have some dingo, but looks a little too heavy boned to have much of either dingo or kelpie. There is possibly something else in the mix perhaps?

I gather that Dingos in alpine regions tend to be heavier set than those from the outback.

If he has a good nature, the dingo in him should not be a concern. They make good companions but tend to be aloof with strangers.

Yeah we have a few cross bred wild dog running around work

He's too friendly with strangers goes up and licks them to death

Could be anything ...unless you saw the parent/s ...

kelpie X lab , kelpie X GSD ..or a mixture of several breeds, including dingo .....he certainly has a non-dingo tail ..and that wide chest made me think lab ;)

if it is 100% certain he has dingo blood - then just read up on their particular behaviours .. get him desexed while he is still young , do lots of training with him ..and enjoy.

I never got to see the parents just got told what the were

..and you are selling because you THINK that maybe he has some dingo in him, and your wife is worried?

Pretty much, the wife is stressing. And the neighbours seem funny. As if they think he's going to eat a baby. But he is so friendly he'd probably lick you to death!

..and you are selling because you THINK that maybe he has some dingo in him, and your wife is worried?

Pretty much, the wife is stressing. And the neighbours seem funny. As if they think he's going to eat a baby. But he is so friendly he'd probably lick you to death!

To be quite frank, I doubt he has an ounce of dingo in him. He's not an F1 crossbred and I think I'd not be surprised to see popular breeds like ACD, Labrador and GSD in the mix.

To rehome based on what he "might" be as opposed to judging him on behaviour seems pretty harsh. Tell everyone he's a Labrador cross and keep him.

Where did you get him?