Lifesize Greyhound Statue Wanted - Any Ideas?

gapvic

Hi all,

One month ago we lost our beloved office greyhound. He is now buried near our office with another much loved greyhound. We are looking to buy a statue to put over their grave and I've googled high and low to no avail. There were some that were ok but they were located in the US and shipping would be prohibitive.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to where we could source something appropriate?

Many thanks!

Larissa

Edited by gapvic

Sometimes you see them in furniture/home decorating sort of shops. I saw a lovely whippet sized one recently in the window of our local carpet place. They are normally sitting, but I have seen Grey sized ones.

Possibly garden places too?

I would have a look at one of the big garden type places - they usually have lots of statues - though haven't noticed any doggie ones around.

Just noticed you have "Statute" in your thread title - might be confusing :D

If you want something specific you may need to commission one to be made specifically for you.

Maybe try finding somebody who does sculpting near you? I found a lovely artist (on facebook) who only does smallish stuff at the moment but I really love her work and I will be looking to commission a life sized Weimaraner of her if she is willing.

Make sure you look at their other work first though, some people may be great at sculpting people or whatever but if they try to sculpt you a dog it might end up looking like a deer or something :p

I would have a look at one of the big garden type places - they usually have lots of statues - though haven't noticed any doggie ones around.

Just noticed you have "Statute" in your thread title - might be confusing :D

:laugh: oops! thanks! Fixed

Oh there are pair of them down here in Geelong, it was at the Mill Markets big industrial store in North Shore, behind the old Pilkington Glass factory. Give them a ring they may still have them, gorgeous I wanted them :) 03 5248 2390 is their other site, see if you can get hold of the owners specifically as they will know what happened to them

Some of the links show quite small dogs. Other option is to find a ceramics club (ie, where they make ceramics) and ask them if someone would make a lifesize greyhound for you. I know there is a mould - a very nice one - which they may have.