Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

she met up with her brothers last Saturday. It's the first time they've been back together since Milton was sold.

12046540694_c6cf8a7c94_z.jpg

this is Arkey, Marcus kept him.

12046131245_b89aa41ebe_z.jpg

12046527634_866fd044cc_z.jpg

I think he was jumping over Neko although she looks like she's further away from him.

12046524254_4a54e6253e_z.jpg

12046975086_42941b35d3_z.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

Neko - bees will bite back you know...

Harper learned that lesson a few months ago... and we dicovered that she's VERY allergic to bee stings. Luckily I had her to the vet within 30 mins of the sting and she was given a couple of nice shots to stop the progression of the reaction... but it still took over 7 hours for her face to stop looking like she was a Shar Pei cross...

The vet advised that as this was her reaction to he very first bee sting, any consequent stings will need immediate attention... *sigh*

T.

Harper was fine and dandy too... I wasn't overly concerned until I saw she started developing hives all along her back and ribs... on top of having the biggest Shar Pei meat mouth look ever. Her neck glands swelled up too, and I was worried about anaphalaxis kicking in... err!

I spent the day calling her "fatty face" or "fat head" after the vet gave her the good stuff to stop the swelling progressing... I was a bit miffed that she'd messed up the day out I'd planned for myself, but she's a much higher priority than me having fun, don't you think?

I must talk to the vet next time I'm there and see if he can give me a script for some form of antihistimine for her just in case she does something silly outside of vet hours...

T.

Harper was fine and dandy too... I wasn't overly concerned until I saw she started developing hives all along her back and ribs... on top of having the biggest Shar Pei meat mouth look ever. Her neck glands swelled up too, and I was worried about anaphalaxis kicking in... err!

I spent the day calling her "fatty face" or "fat head" after the vet gave her the good stuff to stop the swelling progressing... I was a bit miffed that she'd messed up the day out I'd planned for myself, but she's a much higher priority than me having fun, don't you think?

I must talk to the vet next time I'm there and see if he can give me a script for some form of antihistimine for her just in case she does something silly outside of vet hours...

T.

I used people polaramine but only a tiny sliver because she's so little and I wasn't sure of the dosage. I know it can be used on dogs because a vet told me years ago but the amount I used might not have actually had any effect. In the past I've given full grown whippets a quarter.

Little Neko seemed OK for the rest of the day, although late at night she sicked up her undigested dinner all over my bedroom floor.... the darling. I dont know if it was related, she seemed to have a tummy ache. She looks fine this morning but I'll keep an eye on her.

Oh no poor little Neko :(

A friend of mine has a daccy that is very allergic, she has to carry an antihistmine with her at all times as within minutes his head looks like a bag of frozen peas. That's how she describes it. Maddie gets stung by bees all the time, I don't know why but they seem attracted to her :confused: