Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

yay Neko! Arkey's legs look like they are almost a third longer, no wonder she can't catch him :laugh: so cute

he's 2 kilos heavier than she is. She's only 4.3 kilos and he's about 6.2 I think, plus being a male means he's stronger anyway. He's pretty quick actually, we're thinking of seeing if he can run against the whippets next meeting.

Snow Dog

This image is just wonderful :) :)

Many thanks Perse. :D It was a real fun day.

wow i think she is smaller than I am assuming from the computer screen lol... I was imagining the iggies to be just a little bit smaller than a whippet... but sounds like they are a LOT smaller!

Yep, she's pretty tiny. I once had a friend refer to my first tiny sighthound as a rat on stilts.

Small in stature but big in personality. Small but mighty.

Edited by Kirislin

What smaller dogs don't have in size, they more than make up for in personality... right Kirislin?

Stunning photos of stunning dogs as usual... and we need to remember how bloody hard it is to catch action that fast with a camera... those iggies can really move!

T.

Those are great coursing shots, love seeing the Iggys run :)

Our lure coursing club has said from next year that dogs will need to run 'naked' with no harnesses or collars. Kirislin, with your coursing experience I wondered if you knew of anywhere that sells lure coursing 'slip' collars but in a teeny size? Poppy is about the size of an Iggy.

Like this.

http://www.blackdogtrading.co.uk/product-info.php?hare_coursing_slip_lead-pid233.html

Cheers :)

Those are great coursing shots, love seeing the Iggys run :)

Our lure coursing club has said from next year that dogs will need to run 'naked' with no harnesses or collars. Kirislin, with your coursing experience I wondered if you knew of anywhere that sells lure coursing 'slip' collars but in a teeny size? Poppy is about the size of an Iggy.

Like this.

http://www.blackdogtrading.co.uk/product-info.php?hare_coursing_slip_lead-pid233.html

Cheers :)

how are you starting them, from boxes or just hand slipping? You can hand slip without collars. When I used to race at Tooradin we used to remove their collars and jump them from starting boxes. Were we race now we just hand slip them and dont need a collar. I did buy a quick release collar off ebay from some lady in France years ago but I dont use it an I dont think I can remember her name. You might have luck asking this mob about collars. https://www.facebook.com/groups/147862468653073/

I once had a friend refer to my first tiny sighthound as a rat on stilts.

That's hilarious.

My first two pups were Maltese with very very fine coats, so at age 6 months I had to have them completely shaved because although I was brushing them, I wasn't actually untangling any knots :o :o

I used to call them rats in white body stockings. :eek: :eek:

Here's my little speed demon last Sunday at the whippet races. Look at her go!! :heart:

15149382818_6df9860baa_z.jpgNeko, Look at her go! by kirislin, on Flickr

But isn't it always the way. She's lived with my horse for almost a year now and never a mishap with them. But yesterday she had her hind foot trodden on. Much squealing and whimpering and a bit of blood. I'm icing it but she's a bit tender on it. She's entered for the Royal Melbourne show this coming Friday so I can only hope it's right by then.

guess who won their classes at the Royal Melbourne show?????? ................all 3, Neko, Arkey and Widget.

15189108490_b8e1596031_z.jpg5F6A4869dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

there was another dog but I couldn't get a shot of her

15189202538_2c7f45cd1f_z.jpg5F6A4872dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

and guess who went on to win RUBOB, and what unpopular wins they were!!!! Deary me, :mad I'm reminded why I prefer performance based sports.

15375792385_be94db105c_z.jpg5F6A4847dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

wow congratulations Neko, Arkey and Widget :thumbsup: not surprised given how gorgeous they all are :)

what does RUBOB mean? sorry, clueless newbie here haha

Runner up best of breed. :D

thanks DDD yes we did crack a few bottles of champers that evening.

Edited by Kirislin

Well done Neko, Arkey, and Widget... and the gorgeous Marcus too... might have thrown in some extra points for the most handsome handler... lol!

T.

ahem, I believe there might have been suggestions of that too. :laugh: One of our friends fainted in the kennelling area and we called first aid to see her. Then the ambo lady appeared to be hitting on him. While she was supposed to be checking our friend and asking her questions she stopped to ask Marcus if anyone had ever told him he has the most amazing eyes. We all just laughed cause he gets it all the time.