Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

so it occurred to me that Neko was almost exactly this age when I took a photo of her in her little (gift from Iggy Mum) shirt that says "dont hate me because I'm Beautiful". So I had bright idea of taking photos of Secret wearing it. My first problem was that is was swimming on her, she is so tiny, I thought Neko was small when I got her! I had to put a elastic band around it so she wouldn't trip up.

26271737441_f9b90cec61_c.jpg5F6A7007dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

My next problem after that was that Neko decided her daughter had turned into a toy, well I suppose she is a toy dog, and started grabbing the bobble on her back and shaking her around with it. :laugh:

Let me go mummy!

26065097310_59f307c56a_c.jpg5F6A7003dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

26065100820_5021deab61_c.jpg5F6A6996dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

When I took the elastic band off she kept tripping up in the shirt.

25733095724_30af1939a6_c.jpg5F6A7010dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Compare with Neko in the same shirt at the same age.

10232394284_5c47e1f0a0_c.jpgDont hate me because I'm Beautiful by kirislin, on Flickr

Oh gosh, she really is teeny tiny. I know were undecided about keeping her in part because you have to agree to her having a litter (I know there are other considerations as well) but I would have thought she's too small compared to the normal breed size for it to be safe to use her for breeding? She's incredibly adorable though. :heart:

That's a real possibility. It's such a mixed litter. We thought Crickett was about Nekos size simply because comparing her to Secret she looked big, but Marcus actually thinks even she is on the small side. In saying that, there are alot of really big IGs in the show ring that if scales and measuring stick came out they'd be way oversize.

Edited by Kirislin

Gosh. Those photos of her in the shirt are too cute - but holy cow she's tiny isn't she?

What's the standard? Is Mr. Fatty-boomba Spyder going to be too big?

Here's the Standard

Ideal height: 32-38 cms (12.5-15ins) at withers.

Ideal weight: 3.6-4.5 kg (8-10 lbs). Overall type and elegance essential.

Most dogs in the ring these days are heavier than 4.5kg, especially the males, but also the females. To get most of them to that weight they'd be bags of bones even if they were the correct height, and many are over it. Even Neko is close to 15" I think, although I have never measured her.

Arkey is over size but doesn't look big compared to other males in the ring. We dont know if SPyder yes yet another name change, will be way too big or if he just looks big compared to his tiny sisters. There are at least 11 more Bipsy puppies on the ground now but I dont know how they're going. :shrug: There's some lovely colours in them. Hopefully there's some good ones because in Australia, the breed desperately needs new blood.

well fingers crossed for them all.

Be interesting to see how the other Bipsy babies grow.

Kylie's just posted in the IG thread, seems they're going well. Personally I think they look very pretty from the little I've seen.

here's some candids of Secret from yesterday

26245552272_7d4f83cd8a_c.jpg5F6A7015dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

that round mark on her hind leg IS NOT RINGWORM although it looks a bit like it. She skun her front wrist and hind knee when her big boofy brother was still here, and she cried and cried :cry: when it happened. He's just way too rough for her.

25733081744_68beec8e03_c.jpg5F6A7016dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

With her very special trophy that has since been taken to her den for slow torture. :laugh:

26311990646_26d2bbfc17_c.jpg5F6A7028dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

and the other trophy she wasn't allowed to bring inside, she just had to enjoy it on the deck. (where's Mr Rolly eyes when I need him)

26311983836_d64d5785ca_c.jpg5F6A7032dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

dont fall in bubby

26311982386_cc4108a790_c.jpg5F6A7035dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

and the wonderful uncles. My darling boys, ever patient and gentle, Tag and Puck

25735166263_2c125aee16_c.jpg5F6A7040dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

I've kept the chickens separated from the puppies because they were just too young and I'm sure the chickens would have hurt them. Now Secret is the same age as Neko was when she met them but she's way too small, so I cannot see them mixing together for some time yet. Secret seems to be pretty bold with that screen door between them, I suspect it would be a very different story if it wasn't there.

25757694184_b9096206ce_c.jpgSecret and the chickens. by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

I've kept the chickens separated from the puppies because they were just too young and I'm sure the chickens would have hurt them. Now Secret is the same age as Neko was when she met them but she's way too small, so I cannot see them mixing together for some time yet. Secret seems to be pretty bold with that screen door between them, I suspect it would be a very different story if it wasn't there.

25757694184_b9096206ce_c.jpgSecret and the chickens. by kirislin, on Flickr

Awwww:)

Guest crazydoglady99

Oh my gosh she is just so dainty!! Just beautiful(she's a keeper!).

How funny are chickens - mine just walk straight inside and make themselves at home! Such funny creatures.

so proud of my little puppy. I've just taken her for a long walk up and down the main street here to get her used to the hustle and bustle of life. It's her 3rd walk there now and she is amazing, so tiny and yet so outgoing and happy. Once again I got all the questions, I had to answer the same ones over and over, I think I need a little leaflet to hand out, but anyway, Secret happily approaches people with waggy tail and asking for cuddles. I think we left a trail of melted hearts along the main street. :laugh:

I thought she was weaned too but she surprised me by having a suckle from mummy today. Neko had been stopping her for a few days but for some reason allowed her to this afternoon. I dont even know if she's got any milk, I wonder if it's just a comfort thing. It was kinda cute.