Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

thanks Perse. I'm happy to say they've perked up now and have started playing together. It was just that I'd never seen them just lay there before like that first thing in the morning. I've opened the gate to let them into the big yard and they're happily running around now, so all is well. I think the boy will be missing them even more, he's got more of an adjustment, but that is what all puppies go through when they leave the nest. He just left a bit sooner than we'd planned. We also heard that the father, who is now a beautiful natured adult was also sent away at 8 weeks for the very same reason!! So hopefully he will grow up to be as lovely as his dad, he's certainly showing the same traits now. :laugh:

I'm sure that Inky (she was the tiniest one,yes?) will pick up the slack in the adventurous stakes... wasn't she the first to start exploring and snuggling up to Uncle Puck?

T.

yes, she was the trail blazer. She still is. She is like the little kid who doesn't want to go to bed when all the others are fast asleep. She always stays up longer than the other two did.

Sad but it is in his best interests to get a handle on his bad behaviour. Plus it will allow the other chicklets to blossom and of course we wouldn't want Neko's confidence as a mum battered by a naughty son. It's good that you even had this option for him really. Sad but all good!

I've already talked to Marcus 3 times today and he's doing fine. Got taken to an outdoor cafe for coffee so is getting exposed to new things. I'm sure he's fine and the girls had a great day playing alot without being body slammed but him. I think I'd better start lead training them too. I haven't even put a collar on them as yet. That's the next job. Well first I have to make the collars.

I took the girls and their mum to see the rest of the IG family at Marcus' house. His soil is as fine as talc and Inky had great fun digging in it. She would dig and then watch as the fine powdery dirt flowed back into the hole. She's inherited her mothers 2 pawed shove I see too.

26094293861_2b5f521124_b.jpgVideo by kirislin, on Flickr

Mr Fat is doing well. Apparently he hasn't done anything requiring discipline by the other dogs, he must be treading carefully. He's eating well too and playing lots so all in all it was an easy transition. He will be coming up here tomorrow to visit the rellies. Remember when you were kids and you used to visit the reliies on Sunday, well it's like that here.

Here's Inky meeting a weird honky duck for the first time this morning.

26184718555_45e68edffd_c.jpgpuppy vids 2april2016 006 by kirislin, on Flickr

26087918882_39a454d4fd_c.jpgpuppy vids 2april2016 004 by kirislin, on Flickr

I took the 2 little girls to the Sunday market this morning. Just put them in the cat crate to take them there and then stuffed one at a time down my zipped up cardigan and did a circuit of the market. I could tell it was a real brain overload for them, but they got lots of pats which is good and I dont think they were frightened, just a bit overwhelmed and glad for the security of being snuggled close to me. Every one was kind except for one stupid man who called Crickett a spoiled little brat. :mad

Every one was kind except for one stupid man who called Crickett a spoiled little brat. :mad

:confused:

Well - he's clearly a poo head. With bad eyes.

:laugh: exactly!

well today didn't turn out as I'd expected. Marcus comes up at least one day every weekend to see the puppies. Last week he took Obvious, Lazlo, Mr Fat, Thumper, Spyder Pyder with him because he was getting too rough with his sisters and too cheeky with his mum. Then today he realised that he really needs to spend some time settling them in to his home while he's on holidays so it was time to say goodbye to them. :cry: But it doesn't quite end there. He really wants me to keep one for him, same conditions as Neko, and I've been resisting, but we both realised that Inky is just too small to cope with being hammered by her big brother so it looks like she's staying here for now. He's started jokingly calling her Secret again, which was my name for her. I dont know what to do long term. My health is deteriorating and I'm not sure I can give another dog the active life I used to offer them and that I think they deserve. I am torn, but for now, I have one tiny little black dog staying here and I had to say good bye to Crickett. I dont know if I'm happy or sad.

Edited by Kirislin

Oh. That must be so hard for you. I bet, in your heart of hearts you know what you need to do.

I often find myself looking at adoption and puppy pages but I know we're a one dog family for now and for the foreseeable future. My point being - I think almost everyone here wishes and looks at puppies with aching ovaries (or what ever the male equivalent is) from time to time but we also know our limits.

Don't let Marcus 'bully' you into anything you don't think is right for you or your beautiful pups. Inky will find a good home elsewhere if that's what you think is best for you and her. You've spoken here before about not wanting the stress of another pregnancy / whelping bitch & you know that's a condition.

Good luck making your mind up - that would be such a tough choice.