Adaptill Spray

Tara and Sam

Has any one used Adaptil Spray for dogs

mum's CKCS has suffered seperation from her when she goes out

normally she is left in a crate with a small part of Marrow Bone and has been Ok with that

she had teeth out last month and vet said no more bones as only 5 teeth left

Vet has always been happy with her weight ,her diet and her condition

no heart murmur and always well looked after

mum got her from breeder when she was about 3 yrs old

and over the years her teeth have had to coem out , nothing from what mum has done but maybe she lacked something when younger

She is 10 and a bit years old now , and going deaf and Catarachs so some insecureity is comig in now as well

her dog doesnt like playing with balls or toys ,but keeps herself busy frolocking in the garden chaseing lizards, and her walks

She doesnt mind going into her crate , but by the time mum gets home her chest area in wet , and I presumed it was from hyper Salvateing with her SA

I rang my vet and spokek to them and they suggested Adaptil Spray

So has anyone had good results with this for their animals ?

Thanks

I've tried it but found it was not effective for my boy with SA. Perhaps a Thundershirt would be worth a try?

I've used both on my JS for travel anxiety separately & together & neither had an effect.

Edited by luvsdogs

When I moved in to Mum's (some time ago), Kate,my IT had to stay outside. She howled nonstop for a couple of weeks. Adaptil was very useful (collar type) in helping her aclimatise to her new living situations. Cheaper sourced from the internet than the vet, by the way. Although the vet was extremely helpful, too. Would up using the vapouriser as well as the collar.

I'm waiting for an Adaptil collar to be delivered from Amazon for my pup. When alone he is either barking and scratching the door like crazy or asleep. So far I have bought and tried everything (I even bought the Thundershirt AND Anxiety Wrap) and this is my last resort. Fingers crossed! I will report back if it works :)

Yes Pers , I had thought of that but only have a mobile phone and that will only last about 15 mins or so

I will check out the thundershirt options again :)

I didnt realise they made a collar for it , the vet nurse only mentioned the spray

so will check that out also

Ok Thank you for the replies

will do some more checking