Dooshing Windows

Kajirin

with a bit of luck he's learnt that it's not a good idea after yesterdays incident......but that's unlikely isn't it. (Mr Rolly eyes)

When my whippets were puppies Penny pushed Kibah through an already cracked window. There was the sound of breaking glass and I was expecting at any moment for Kibah to start spurting blood everwhere but she escaped without a single cut. She was only about 3 months old at the time, so tiny and fragile. We were incredibly lucky she was unhurt.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did read through the whole thread with a frown on my face wondering what dooshing was... :o

I am a wally sorry, I should have taken into account not everyone knows Noisheisms...but brain wasn't really with it yesterday.

But happy to say Scout is all back to normal today, ate all his breakfast with gusto :D He slept like a log all last night [i stayed up as long as I could to keep an eye on him, ended up falling asleep around 3am]. He's been outside on a tether to do his morning ablutions, as I don't want him racing around like a nerd. But he's walking nicely, no limping and taking his tablets like a gentleman lol.

I had my bordeaux and rottweiler both put their heads through my garage windows (ferrets running riot and they didn't notice the glass) so I just replaced them with sheets of clear perspex from Bunnings.

The Malinois headbutting my front window though cost me a replacement. Damn you people wandering into my front yard *shakes fist*

You poor thing! How terrifying for you! :eek: But I did learn the word dooshing! :D

Here's for everything going well for Scout and Koda at the vet.

Yeah I was feeling a bit of a numbskull because I didn't know what dooshing meant...now I do. He tried to run through it? Hope he's feeling better.

Not run through it per se, rather push on it with both paws at once, but he had a bit too much force behind him this time round [and probably just hit the glass at the right angle and with the right force to make it explode outwards]. When he was younger [around 5 months old] he would run to me and jump with both paws into my stomach [felt like my intestines would fall out afterwards, so soon put a stop to that]. But he is quite strong of paw when he has his weight behind him and knows how to use them.

And he has pretty blue boy bandages so clearly he will have a story to tell all the other fur kids down the dog park!

A bit OT but we had a dog fight here a while back. I rushed the first dog I got hold of straight to the vet and locked the other in my room. Dropped dog one off and raced the 5 mins back home to get the other one. I didn't realise it at the time but she was far more injured and did have a vein or artery punctured in one leg. It took me hours of scrubbing to clean my entire bedroom from all the bloody sprays and blood pools. It was incredibly traumatic and I sobbed and scrubbed all day waiting for news from the vets. Both dogs had emergency surgery and recovered quickly and we have had no fights since. But I still feel so incredibly lucky that I didn't lose either of my girls because I didn't realise who had the worst injuries due to working on auto pilot.

thats where its handy to have done 1st aid and also have a daughter who is a nurse,oh also a wife to stay home to clean up the blood while we went to the vets

Know they sell stick on privacy film at hardware stores, will be putting it on the 2 bottom rows of glass so he can't see out, until such time as the glass can be replaced with laminated glass. I'm assuming if he can't see out the incentive to doosh the glass will stop [he has done it on numerous occasions with no drama...this morning was just bad luck with his mighty kung fu doosh].

ours have all been outside collisions,except the cat,tho my boxer jumped straight thru the screened enclosure door the 1st night we bought him home,I put perspex sheeting on the door and caffee blinds on the window screens which solved that problem,but yours is different being from inside,

1377486752[/url]' post='6284635']
1377481488[/url]' post='6284575']

I did read through the whole thread with a frown on my face wondering what dooshing was... :o

I am a wally sorry, I should have taken into account not everyone knows Noisheisms...but brain wasn't really with it yesterday.

But happy to say Scout is all back to normal today, ate all his breakfast with gusto :D He slept like a log all last night [i stayed up as long as I could to keep an eye on him, ended up falling asleep around 3am]. He's been outside on a tether to do his morning ablutions, as I don't want him racing around like a nerd. But he's walking nicely, no limping and taking his tablets like a gentleman lol.

I think 'dooshing' is a very fitting description of that double-pawed boxer manoeuvre. I pictured exactly what Scout had done. It's a keeper, I'm going to use the term 'dooshing' from now on. laugh.gifI'm glad to hear that scout is home and doing well, and that's good news about Koda too.

How is our resident doosher today? It was very funny last night. My sister tried to tell me about Koda and I said "Yes I know. Koda was at the vet with Scout but they are both fine!"

He going really well, taking his meds and resting. He has tried to lope about when he was outside, but made him stop that. On Wednesday he has to pop back to the vet for a change of bandages. But he seems quite lively and back to normal, but has trouble using his front paws for things at the moment [like pulling his food bowl towards him and pushing it under him, making it slide out on the floor behind him - he resorted to tapping his paw on the bowl instead :laugh:].

Saw Koda on the news last night, was happy to see him up and about. His handler was the one I spoke to at the vet [didn't realise at the time that the officer was Koda's handler].

I'm so glad that Scout is ok! It is a giant wake up call for me though. My girl runs to the front door at full speed and bangs against the glass panel next to the door to bark at things going by multiple times I day.

I need to stop it and get the laminated glass put in asap before she does the same thing as Scout.

Considering I'm normally at work during the day the likelihood of it happening and me not being home is too great.

I shudder to think of the what if!

Scout went back to the vet this evening, had a bandage change on one leg and the other leg is bandage free. But now he has to wear an e-collar [so his nickname is now bucket head]. Uhg trying to get him used to wearing it quickly, as he already went for the exposed stitches :( But caught him just in time [it was as I was getting his e-collar ready to wear] and doesn't look like he got any out but tore one a lil...he is a wally.

But the still bandaged leg still has some weeping and there was more than one cut. He had three on that leg :( Back to the vet on Saturday morning to see how weepy leg is going.

At the moment he's acting like a sad panda as he really doesn't like the e-collar. But rather him be a sad panda than have to go back into surgery again to fix up his wallyness. At least he's not reversing anymore trying to get the 'bucket' off :)

Edited by Noishe

Scout went back to the vet this evening, had a bandage change on one leg and the other leg is bandage free. But now he has to wear an e-collar [so his nickname is now bucket head]. Uhg trying to get him used to wearing it quickly, as he already went for the exposed stitches :( But caught him just in time [it was as I was getting his e-collar ready to wear] and doesn't look like he got any out but tore one a lil...he is a wally.

But the still bandaged leg still has some weeping and there was more than one cut. He had three on that leg :( Back to the vet on Saturday morning to see how weepy leg is going.

At the moment he's acting like a sad panda as he really doesn't like the e-collar. But rather him be a sad panda than have to go back into surgery again to fix up his wallyness. At least he's not reversing anymore trying to get the 'bucket' off :)

the fun starts at feed time,having such a short nose the collar covers the bowl ,they look like a 4 legged victa vac

the fun starts at feed time,having such a short nose the collar covers the bowl ,they look like a 4 legged victa vac

Oh he's such a sook though wouldn't eat, so covered the stitches and took off the collar for tonight. He has it back on again and is back into reversing mode. Definitely looks like he's torn one stitch meh. But can't see how he can actually reach his bowl with this e-collar on. Might have to give him a bucket of water inside as well, as I doubt he can drink from his normal bowl.

ETA Pic

post-10065-0-01729600-1377686674_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noishe

And the buggers can be quick when it comes to getting at their wounds if you take the cone of shame off for them to eat and drink. Tempeh managed to pull two drains out - one on her leg totally and one near her ear only had a bit left still sticking out, despite my vigilance. Stussy was a scratcher. I had to be tough on them both but it was for their own good and they just had to suck it up.