Dog Boarding Kennel Recommendations

Dogs4Fun

Has anyone used the Triple Crown Kennels at Londonderry NSW?

Can recommend triple crown for sure! Dogs have amazing long yard to spend their days in, and indoor secure kennels at night. They also are only a small kennel, so you know your dog gets the attention it deserves!!

Funnily enough, before I went out to look at Acacia Lodge and Meadowmist last weekend I tried to phone Triple Crown at least a half dozen times. I couldnt get anyone to answer the phone! There was the ability to leave a message, but I declined to do so, I would prefer to speak to someone. As a result, I didn't bother to go look, even though they are only a short distance from Acacia Lodge.

Has anyone used the Triple Crown Kennels at Londonderry NSW?

Can recommend triple crown for sure! Dogs have amazing long yard to spend their days in, and indoor secure kennels at night. They also are only a small kennel, so you know your dog gets the attention it deserves!!

Funnily enough, before I went out to look at Acacia Lodge and Meadowmist last weekend I tried to phone Triple Crown at least a half dozen times. I couldnt get anyone to answer the phone! There was the ability to leave a message, but I declined to do so, I would prefer to speak to someone. As a result, I didn't bother to go look, even though they are only a short distance from Acacia Lodge.

I got the answering machine too when I rang, but they did get back to me fairly quickly, within the hour . :)

Edited by Trudy08

I find this really strange. I'd prefer to think that the staff are out tending to the dogs rather than sitting indoors by the phone. Staff cant drop what they're doing to answer a phone, the animals in their charge are their first priority. I come across this mentality every so often in my grooming business. I had one woman ring, not leave a message then ring back an hour later when I answered. She had a go at me for not answering the first time and I explained that I had a dog in the bath, I'm not going to let the poor dog stand there wet while I chat on the phone! Had she left a message I could have returned her call when the dog in my care was dry and comfortable.

Anyway, told her I was booked 'til next year. :laugh:

I find this really strange. I'd prefer to think that the staff are out tending to the dogs rather than sitting indoors by the phone. Staff cant drop what they're doing to answer a phone, the animals in their charge are their first priority. I come across this mentality every so often in my grooming business. I had one woman ring, not leave a message then ring back an hour later when I answered. She had a go at me for not answering the first time and I explained that I had a dog in the bath, I'm not going to let the poor dog stand there wet while I chat on the phone! Had she left a message I could have returned her call when the dog in my care was dry and comfortable.

Anyway, told her I was booked 'til next year. :laugh:

Of course I thought they were out tending to the dogs in their care, however, this is why I phoned several times over the course of a couple of hours. I thought that at some point over that period of time I might have got someone to answer the phone. I wouldn't "have a go" at them for not answering the phone. It was just that I was going out to look at kennels that day and if I couldn't speak to someone I figured there was no point in just rocking up and expecting someone to be able to give me their time if they have other things to do. Having said that - their website says that they are available 8.30am to 12 noon on Saturdays so I thought that they would have someone answering the phones. Meadowmist, on the other hand, have dedicated staff to take phone enquiries and talk to potential clients - perhaps one of the reasons why their are pricier than other kennels around, but I like that when I phone I can speak to someone and I am happy to pay for that.

Lefay Boarding Kennels

What a great kennel I am very fussy where I send my dogs and recommended this kennel to everyone! My dogs are normally very much indoor dogs.

They cannot physically touch other dogs but can see them, which is great as you can take all their own bedding and toys if you like and they get loads of playtime and this is not charged as an extra and you can supply your own food if you want. Kennels are warm in winter and cool in summer.

The owners are the main staff and are just fantastic my dogs dont even look back when I drop them off (makes me feel great about leaving them) infact my dogs are thrilled to see them :-)

I really cannot tell you what an amazing kennel this is and they are priced very competitively

:-)

Ours haven't ever boarded at Pet Resorts, but I've personally been at the premises a gazillion times and the staff are great. All are qualified, unlike some other kennels. There's grooming onsite at both Dural and Terrigal.

We used to board with PAX, but unfortunately she's moved and no longer boards dogs. We haven't been on any holidays since, but next time we'll send ours to Pet Resorts.

Ours haven't ever boarded at Pet Resorts, but I've personally been at the premises a gazillion times and the staff are great. All are qualified, unlike some other kennels. There's grooming onsite at both Dural and Terrigal.

We used to board with PAX, but unfortunately she's moved and no longer boards dogs. We haven't been on any holidays since, but next time we'll send ours to Pet Resorts.

Don't they put multiple dogs together (about 3) in their regular kennels? I boarded my dogs with them a few times, but only in their suites.

Don't they put multiple dogs together (about 3) in their regular kennels? I boarded my dogs with them a few times, but only in their suites.

I've asked for mine not to be boarded together and they agreed so long as it's outside of peak season. I don't know if that's special treatment, or something that anyone can request.

Edited by ruthless

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone :)

Thought I might reply to this thread as it has not been updated for a while...

Wondering if we could have any recent experiences shared about boarding facilities in Sydney, particularly for small dogs and I was especially interested in the ones at Duffys Forest [although open to ALL suggestions]

Thank you in advance & really appreciate any feedback

cheers

Jo-Ann & Mickey [10 yr old CKCS ]

You have to be careful there's Sydney pet resorts and pet resorts dural. Both in dural. Jake trains at and has boarded at pet resorts dural. He is their norty customer, anywhere he comes back happy from must be good. He had no issues and the next week when we went back for training he tried to go into his suite.

I would highly recommend them.

Our dog always goes to Triple Crown Pet Resort in Londonderry & she loves it. One time she did not eat, so they hand fed her & the next time we brought our own food & they were fine with that too. You can tell they really care about the dogs. :)