Nsw Bushfires - For Newbie Members!

Brandiandwe

First fatality here on the Central Coast. A 63 year old man died after suffering a heart attack while trying to protect his home at Lake Munmorah :(

My link

He left behind his 4yr old Malamute :( Rescue has stepped in to help the dog

I thought his partner was taking the dog confused.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First fatality here on the Central Coast. A 63 year old man died after suffering a heart attack while trying to protect his home at Lake Munmorah :(

My link

He left behind his 4yr old Malamute :( Rescue has stepped in to help the dog

I thought his partner was taking the dog confused.gif

AMRAA have offered to help if partner & neighbours don't want to take on the dog

Found out today that a friend of my workmate last her house and her four beloved devon rex cats in the fires :( She was away when the fires started and couldn't get back and as she'd only moved in recently the neighbours wouldn't have been aware she had the animals there or thought to try to get them out :(

First human fatality, yes. I also grieve for all the wildlife and any livestock and domestic pets who have died in the fires as well.frown.gif

Watched an amazing news story on a family who were not permitted into the fire zone to save their dog, chooks and ducks. Once the danger was over they prepared for the worst as they drove closer to their property and saw their neighbours homes razed - their own home was burnt to the ground and they began to grieve for their pets. As they turned into their own driveway, however, what should greet them but the dog guarding the chooks and ducks and keeping them safe and well in the driveway! Touched a chord with me.

That certainly brings tears to the eyes. Do you know which news/channel it was on?

First human fatality, yes. I also grieve for all the wildlife and any livestock and domestic pets who have died in the fires as well.frown.gif

Watched an amazing news story on a family who were not permitted into the fire zone to save their dog, chooks and ducks. Once the danger was over they prepared for the worst as they drove closer to their property and saw their neighbours homes razed - their own home was burnt to the ground and they began to grieve for their pets. As they turned into their own driveway, however, what should greet them but the dog guarding the chooks and ducks and keeping them safe and well in the driveway! Touched a chord with me.

That certainly brings tears to the eyes. Do you know which news/channel it was on?

I think it was Imparja, which is Nine Network, but OH was switching back and forth between that and Seven Network so it could have been on 7.

Watched an amazing news story on a family who were not permitted into the fire zone to save their dog, chooks and ducks. Once the danger was over they prepared for the worst as they drove closer to their property and saw their neighbours homes razed - their own home was burnt to the ground and they began to grieve for their pets. As they turned into their own driveway, however, what should greet them but the dog guarding the chooks and ducks and keeping them safe and well in the driveway! Touched a chord with me. (Quoted from Codie)

Animals are amazing creatures.

If it wasn't for a mate of ours my babies would have not survived on Thursday. I'm so grateful they are alive and safe.

Edited by Leela and PJ

Is this like, the 4th bushfire thread?

Jesus christ, max. A state of emergency was declared yesterday. Thw worst fire crisis in NSW in 45 years. Who cares how many fire threads there are to help out animal owners!

Goodluck to those in affected areas. Especially on wednesday.

Fingers crossed that Wednesday isn't going to be as bad as they are predicting.

If anyone knows of any families who have lost everything and need any dog related items, PM me and we will donate whatever dog essentials we can.

Fingers crossed that Wednesday isn't going to be as bad as they are predicting.

If anyone knows of any families who have lost everything and need any dog related items, PM me and we will donate whatever dog essentials we can.

Your inbox must be full as i'm getting a reply to say you can't receive any messages.

I've got some dog beds, food, collars, towels and bits and pieces.

wondering how to get this to you, depending on where you are?