Nsw Bushfires - For Newbie Members!

Brandiandwe

Edited: sorry.

There are apparently other threads on this topic in Off Topic, but for those of us too new to post there yet.....

Thoughts to all DOLers and their families and friends (skin and fur) who are impacted by these fires. Extra white light to the animals in shelters and pounds or who are lost in the affected areas. Thinking of you all.

Mods, if this is inappropriate, please let me know.

Edited by Brandiandwe

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to delete it, very thoughtful of you to show your concern. Doesn't matter if there is 50 bushfire threads, most people appreciate the support.

Nicely said stans mum. :)

I hope everyone affected by the fires are safe and ok.

Edited by LabTested

Despite the sarcasm by some posters, Brandiandwe...I have to agree with others above that reasonable people will appreciate the support and concern you were showing to those affected by these awful fires.frown.gif Let us hope that damage is as limited as possible.

I had no idea it was so bad - I haven't watched the news in ages - until it popped up in my newsfeed on FB.

One of my FB friends had a horse at their mums that they couldn't get out but have been told she has survived. Her mums house is gone.

It is such a shock. I hope there are no lives lost. The Victorian bushfires are still a horrible memory at the front of most peoples minds. I have everything crossed no lives are lost and our wonderful firefighters stay safe

Here in Terrigal on the Central Coast of NSW the smoke is thick and although the fires are a good 40 mins from me, I just found ash on my lounge! That is scary that the embers are flying around this far down. I'm following our local police page on Facebook and an out of control fire was dangerously close to a service station at Doyalson, it has now hit it :(

We would be about 45 mins to an hour away from the Springwood, Winmalee fires & have found burnt gum leaves in the back yard. The sky this afternoon had a very eerie yellow glow about it & later on the smoke haze was like very bad thunder clouds.

I hope those that are in the fire areas stay safe.