New Toy

huga

I've been thinking about buying an underwater camera for ages, since we moved to the coast. Initially I considered underwater housing for my cameras, but the good ones are actually worth more than my camera :eek: And I'm not entirely sure I could ever put one of them underwater, the thought freaks me out.

So that left the point and shoots, which I wasn't too thrilled about. I ended up getting the Olympus TG2. The quality is obviously not that of a DSLR, but it's not bad at all. Plus, it has some manual control and an f/2 lens.

This was my first go in the pool today. It's a bit hit and miss, because you can't choose the focal point (eeep) and also, I didn't want to put my head underwater, so I missed a bit that way :laugh:

10736669505_fb92f20bcb_z.jpg

10736761804_84a1ecd679_z.jpg

10736661265_aa4a141425_z.jpg

10736752694_343d6bdeb0_z.jpg

10736744856_aa7aa49750_z.jpg

Edited by huga

They look so great! Sid's a little machine isn't he. He does everything a Frenchie is supposedly unable to do. :D

Lola's a little cutie too, her tail looks quite long when it's uncurling. Do you have one of those flags to show them where the steps are, or they pool experts now?

I've never heard of the flags! Cool idea!

Neither of them love the pool, but I do take them in every now and then, just to remind them where the steps are (we have a 'beach' entrance, plus the step part, but Lola can't get out from there on her own). Sid has fallen in before and panicked and tried to climb out from the side, but he didn't make it, fell back in and went under :( So we have to be really careful.

• 9 months later...