Puupppiiieeesss!

kelpiecuddles

Just want to say that basset hound puppies are the cutest things on the face of the planet! A local breeder acquaintance of mine has just had a litter of 8 babies born yesterday/today and they are soooo cute! I've only seen photos via facebook(and I probably shouldn't share them here since I don't have permission) but I'm hoping so much that I get a chance for puppy cuddles before they go to new homes!

Makes it very hard to stick to my resolve of no more puppies for now...

Edited by kelpiecuddles

I am getter rather puppy clucky at the moment but it is going to be years before I can get one :cry:. It does not help that my youngster that I had grand plans and dreams of training and competing is not suitable for sports, and my oldies and jrt are retired or getting ready to retire.

Eta: not that competing is everything, but I'd like one to be competitive with or even just get it and about and have fun with.

Edited by Clover

Basset babies, oh wow :) Those big ears and big eyes (not that they'd be open yet) are just so adorable!

I'm friends with many Saint Bernard people near and far on Facebook, and I get so clucky when there's a nice looking litter born! My baby is only 8 months old but he's enormous. That's the only problem with giant breeds, we are robbed of having them as babies far too quickly.

That's the only problem with giant breeds, we are robbed of having them as babies far too quickly.

I think that's a problem for everyone! I could have done with a few more months. Let's scrap teenagerhood in favour of more puppy time!

Remember, they LooK cute, but they're the devil in disguise. I have 14 week Patty old running around my house. I woke this morning to a rather painful play bite to the nose. My shower scrubber is in tatters on the living room floor. It cost me $27 to replace the library book she explored. There are holes by the front porch and holed under where I park the car. She leaves a trail of destruction everywhere she goes.

devil, never!

Actually Josie was a great pup, bassets aren't massively high energy even as puppies compared to the other breeds I've had so as long as she was kept reasonably occupied she was a great pup to raise, certainly easier than my other dogs have been. The only thing harder about them is they can be tough to toilet train and they are fairly stubborn.

Remember, they LooK cute, but they're the devil in disguise. I have 14 week Patty old running around my house. I woke this morning to a rather painful play bite to the nose. My shower scrubber is in tatters on the living room floor. It cost me $27 to replace the library book she explored. There are holes by the front porch and holed under where I park the car. She leaves a trail of destruction everywhere she goes.

Sounds like crate training is in order.

Sounds like crate training is in order.

And, putting things in their proper place out of pup's way. None of us are blaming the pup we're all blaming you lol, My husband soon learnt to be tidy when we got our latest addition because he 'stole' things and ran away with them, but thankfully never damaged.