[melbourne] Morons Letting Off Fireworks

PepitoVFR

Living in Melbourne northern suburbs I suspect I'm surrounded by a higher proportion of morons who think it's fun letting off loud crackers/fireworks in the street.

I love fireworks myself but I just wish these retards would go where professionals are putting on truly spectacular displays (eg. CBD) rather than their pathetic pranks which only serve to scare local dogs to death.

This year I'm seriously thinking of bundling my dog into the car and driving out somewhere out of range of these halfwits.

Any suggestions as to how far north and in what direction I'd have to go?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bracing for tomorrow night because a big display will be going off within a couple of kms. It will be Hermon's first time with us and he freaks out with thunderstorms. I'm not looking forward to it. My plan is a big walk in the morning and a longish one on the evening early (long for greyhounds anyhow!). Then let out early for final pees, then he is dressed in DHs dirty t-shirt and popped into his crate. Meanwhile Paige will go off her nut and bark like mad and Brandi will curl up somewhere and hope it ends soon.

I'm sorry you guys are starting this whole thing early.

I live in a small town an hour or so from Adelaide, right opposite the riverbank reserve and Murray River, and pretty close to the caravan park. The town is overflowing with tourists here for a good time. The caravan park is chokkas , there are campers over the other side of the river. Tomorrow night will be fireworks display on the river about 200 metres from our house, add to that all the random ferals with poppers of their own mooching about on the reserve opposite and even on boats on the river, and the caravan park hosts a party in there for the tourists until the wee hours with loud music etc

There have been a few random bangs this evening nearby.

So don't come this far south!

I said after last year I would also load everyone up and go bush, but I expect there isn't any getting away from it!

Edited by skyefool

They're letting them off nearby here as well [Adelaide Hills], thought I was going somewhat mad and for a few seconds believed it was Tuesday night already.

Someone let some bangers of last night about 1 am near the marion area :(

someone around here lets them of anytime during the year

I feel sorry for the elderly getting woken at early hours of morning with them

Not sure how my new girl will go with them or thunderstorms as yet

dreading tomorrow night with the noise as we hear them from Adelaide , Glenelg and Brighton

surrounded by them

Hope you find a nice quiet spot to get away from it all

Madeline's gotten used to the regular popping that goes on around here but this year someone has new fireworks. Luckily they only let it off once a night as it sounds like a gun shot.

Scares the crap out of me every time I can't imagine what the dogs in the area feel.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

We are in the west and its all go here. Dropkicks, booze and explosives....natural selection!

Yep we've got 'em all here!

Our sleepy little beachside suburub one hour north of Sydney more than triples for NYE with morons coming from far and wide. This year for something different they decided to start with the fireworks last night. They are expecting the usual 20,000+ crowd in the main street with police on horses and the dog squad in full force. Seeing I live right in the middle of it I will batten down the hatches this afternoon( they start letting them off in the afternoon that's how smart they are) thunder shirts on the greyhounds. Tomorrow will be dodge to broken glass and vomit when I walk the dogs so yeah...Happy New Year :mad

We had the morons out in full force letting off fireworks in Mt Waverley last week. I daresay there will be a repeat performance tonight.

Fortunately my dogs don't care. One dog is not bothered by the noise and the other dog is stone deaf.

I thought fireworks were illegal and the general public could not buy them. It sounds as though a large number of morons have no problems with supply.