Dogs Who Are Elderly, Exercise Intolerant And Fairly Immobile...

westiemum

Well I've now had two nights walking with the new Macmobile - a Phil and Teds 3 Wheeler Dash Stroller and it's brilliant - thanks so much Perse for spotting it!!!

I've decided it doesn't need any modification. All I've done is lay the main seat down and remove the second toddler seat at the back, put a pillow in (which fits perfectly) and wind Mr Mac's lead around the handle bar - and we're away. I can't believe how much easier it is and he seems to really like it! In the photos, the black strap is his lead which is attached to his harness. Sorry the photos are sideways - don't know why they upload like that but will still give you a good idea.

Can highly recommend it as a potential solution for smaller dogs under 15-20 kgs ( I think the upper weight limit for this stroller is 25kgs) but I'm not sure I'd want to push it with that much dog in it). laugh.gif

post-11746-0-99326700-1390559096_thumb.jpg

post-11746-0-24164700-1390559109_thumb.jpg

Edited by westiemum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just say my gorgeous old Mac is a very tolerant boy given this is the first time his mother has seriously pushed a pram any distance! laugh.gif But it really us very easy to push - gravel, grass - handles it all with ease! thumbsup1.gif Moonlight Cinema here we all come!! laugh.gif

Thanks all - I think its a very good solution for Mac as well as a very cost effective solution as well.

Although buying an old stroller and having it modified would have been good too, I suspect the overall costs would have been well above $50.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

A quick update on the Macmobile - its really brilliant. Mac seems to absolutely love it - he didn't want to get out of it when we got home from our walk this afternoon - and its so easy to manouvre with one hand with Andy and Sarah on a double lead at the side. Yesterday I was out with a girlfriend with them all as she wanted to look at dog beds at the local pet shop (no live animals). And Mac was baulking just getting from the shop back to the car ark. So the Macmobile has been a life saver. Can highly recommend this solution if you have an elderly dog who really can't walk anymore.

Photos from today:

Mac looks very comfy!

post-11746-0-04817800-1393744535_thumb.jpg

And interestingly after I put him back in it to come home from the park he turned around to face me. As you can see its an ideal fit for him. I'm just so pleased with this solution for my old man - it makes such a difference to him. smile.gif

post-11746-0-74068900-1393744515_thumb.jpg

Edited by westiemum

Thanks BC - yes this particular pram is just ideal for Mac and me - and it's even better now I've had a bit of practice. I'm not sure Perse realised just how clever she was spotting it for me. It really is perfect for him and he so loves being able to lie down and see out and be pushed to the park. And for $50 it's a bargain! smile.gif

Yep what would we do without DOL!!! Thank you to everyone who helped Mac get mobile again and who helped me and responded so warmly -VM I never thought about it that way but it's nice having a 2 legged pack as well as my 4 legged one!!! thumbsup1.gif

Edited by westiemum