Best Beds For A 'hot' Dog

koolietas

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a cushion type bed (indoor use only) for my dog who gets hot very quickly...

He will not sleep on a cool mat.

Are futons the best? Wool should keep him warm in winter and cool in summer but I wonder if this is enough support for him (19kgs and 9 years of age)

Any suggestions would be appreciated :-)

Perse beat me too it - yep a hammock bed which breathes and allows air to circulate. Saw some reasonably priced ones at Big W...

ETA Big W also have some of those cheap cotton weave single blankets which my guys love and wash like rags if you really want something that breathes to put on the hammock for the pup to snuggle into...smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

Thanks for your suggestions everyone :)

He has had a hammock bed in the past and didn't use it...he prefers a cushion type bed which is why I was asking for those recommendations...but given they have various fillings, wanted to know if anyone had any experience with a particular filling/brand if they have a hot dog.

Wool makes the most sense to me given that it is a natural, breathable fibre. A cotton blanket will not provide him any support on it's own so that option is out (otherwise would have been good for a hammock bed).

I have the same here ness. Sonny sleeping happily in his Dog Gone Smart doughnut bed in this current heat wave. Out like a light :)

My girl is out on the back lawn laying like a turtle LOL. She has 3 beds to choose from but none interest miss fussy pants.

Edited by BC Crazy

My 10 yr, 18kg BC has a hammock bed that she has never slept on, a futon which she uses sometimes in hot weather and a cheap donut type bed that she uses the most - even in hot weather.

She does choose the bathroom tiles sometimes.

My 8yr, 18kg BC prefers to sleep outside or under the house on the cooler concrete, but he rarely sleeps on a bed in summer or winter. I should set up a bed under the house (a Queenslander) as it is the coolest place.

You can lead a dog to bed but you can't make them use one