Weird Stuff Your Dog Is Frightened Of

apocalypsepwnie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doof since he got older gets very anxious at any displays of excessive happiness. So if we are watching a really funny movie or the girlchild is going crazy on the trampoline and laughing her head off, he gets so worked up we tend to need to lock him in a quiet room until we stop laughing. He's odd....

I used to ride with a friend who's horse would freak out at certain coloured cars. The colour he would freak out over changed daily, so the first 20 minutes were always nerve racking while we waited to see which.colour he found offensive that day. He also extended that to being mailboxes of whatever colour he was hating too, but not until he saw the offending car first.

can't think of much my crew are frightened of, other than the electric fence (gee, wonder how that happened). They startle when something large is out of place. After a wind storm, the garbage can in the middle of the road may set them off . . . but they figure this out in a few seconds.

My first Lab was generally unflappable, but for reasons unknown, frantically afraid of starfish. She would circle them, barking, with an occasional nip in toward the center, not getting close enough to bite, as some dogs will with prey they regard as very dangerous (eg, puppies with a blue tongue lizard).

My mum's Dalmatian went through a phase where she was scared of the oven. Every night she would start shaking and drooling and pacing etc. Mum thought she had something seriously wrong with her but several vet checks showed nothing. Finally she made the connection that the behaviour started when she turned the oven on... It lasted several months then she got over it. She is an odd dog.

Del is frightened of my OH opening bottles of carbonated drink in the kitchen.

She's fine with him opening non-carbonated drinks; and she's fine if he opens carbonated drinks in the lounge room.... So it's quite specific!

Lili hates carbonated drinks being opened and also isn't as fussed if it's in the lounge, if it's in the kitchen she will bolt :laugh:

She is also afraid of plastic bags, wheelie bins, the vacuum and went nuts the other day at some sky writing! We couldn't even hear the plane,

Edited by Aussie3

Fern can at times be a little scatty with random things, she's not too bad though. The other two dont bat an eyelid at anything.

The funniest I have seen was Sammy (horse). I let them in the house yard for some pic and was watching him through the kitchen window while washing up.

He let this huge, loud fart go, I heard it inside :laugh: he launched forward, stopped and turned around to look what was there with a not impressed look on his face.

Scared the life out of himself with his own fart :rofl:

poor dogs - they experience their world so differently to us - and we often just do not realise how different until they react with fear to stuff we don't, or cannot notice .

On the other hand, I'm scared of thunder and lightning and my dogs aren't at all bothered by it! :dummy:

Same with my lot Mini. We were really worried about Vinnie with the fireworks getting him a few days before christmas but NOT A BLOODY PEEP. Neither the cats.

I don't like it and even strong wind bothers me. This lot... pfft. What you so scared of sooky mum? NO WE DON'T WANT FORCED CUDDLES!