Beauceron Canberra Pound

For anyone that might have knowledge of the breed, or know of a suitable home, I have been informed there is a Beauceron at DAS shelter in Canberra.

This boy has been advertised on Gumtree for a while now. He was imported as a pet from Europe when his owners came to Oz and has relevant paperwork apparently. I don't have a photo but saw them when he was up on Gumtree and he looks genuine, including having double rear dewclaws as this breed should. Photos might come up on a cached google search, I will try tonight.

I don't know any more than what was on Gumtree before, but it appeared that his owners had a change in circumstance and were trying to do the right thing and place him. Perhaps they have run out of options as he has now been surrendered. It may be that his unusual breed has made him difficult to place!

As far as I recall from the previous ad info he is already desexed, housetrained etc and looked like a loved pet. But maybe best for someone with knowledge of his breed, or of similar breeds.

Yep I saw that in the GT ad, still entire. Probably good growth wise. I think DAS have a deserving policy...?

MUP mentioned in the other thread that there is one in DAS. I wonder if DD had seen him on gumtree?

Here is the listing on the DAS pound. He is in Yard 6

http://www.tams.act.gov.au/city-services/pets/keeping_dogs_in_the_act/lost,_found,_impounded_and_wanted_dogs/impounded_dogs?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuZG9tZXN0aWNhbmltYWxzLmFjdC5nb3YuYXUlMkZJbXBvdW5kLmFzcCUzRkFjdGlvbiUzRFVQRF9JUCUyNlBvdW5kSWQlM0QzNDcyNyZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

He came in on the 18th of March (yesterday). This morning his listing was removed from the pound website. This is very strange since he was added to the website quite late in the afternoon yesterday, just before 2pm and the pound closes at 3pm, not leaving much change for someone to buy him yesterday. Today (Wednesday) the pound is closed so could not have been sold?

Hopefully he is still there, and there is just some other reason why he is not appearing on their list of impounded dogs.

Looks like a beautiful boy.

Here is the listing on the DAS pound. He is in Yard 6

http://www.tams.act.gov.au/city-services/pets/keeping_dogs_in_the_act/lost,_found,_impounded_and_wanted_dogs/impounded_dogs?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuZG9tZXN0aWNhbmltYWxzLmFjdC5nb3YuYXUlMkZJbXBvdW5kLmFzcCUzRkFjdGlvbiUzRFVQRF9JUCUyNlBvdW5kSWQlM0QzNDcyNyZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

He came in on the 18th of March (yesterday). This morning his listing was removed from the pound website. This is very strange since he was added to the website quite late in the afternoon yesterday, just before 2pm and the pound closes at 3pm, not leaving much change for someone to buy him yesterday. Today (Wednesday) the pound is closed so could not have been sold?

Hopefully he is still there, and there is just some other reason why he is not appearing on their list of impounded dogs.

Looks like a beautiful boy.

They can get adopted that quickly though. I went up and cat tested a greyhound for Greyhound Haven Tasmania at Tuggerah RSPCA last month and left 40 mins before closing. The next day the dog was gone from the website as someone had walked in 5 minutes after I left and adopted her.

Please please please let the new home be with a DOL member.

:cry:

Why on earth does it have to be a DOLer? What a bizarre comment.

The world is much bigger than this forum and being a member here does not guarantee responsible or preferable dog ownership. It just means the person has the ability to join a social discussion site related to dogs.

Please please please let the new home be with a DOL member.

:cry:

Why on earth does it have to be a DOLer? What a bizarre comment.

The world is much bigger than this forum and being a member here does not guarantee responsible or preferable dog ownership. It just means the person has the ability to join a social discussion site related to dogs.

Quite a few users around have been expressing interest in the breed.

I considered it might be their lucky break.

The dog, or a stranger on the internet who said they'd like a 'x' breed of dog?

Being on DOL doesn't make anyone a great dog owner. Some of the posters on this forum can be positively frightening. :laugh:

I did notice the timing though with the thread in general so I understand why you may have made the statement you did.

Why did the original listing say 'seized for investigation'?

Yes I wondered that as well :/

ViszlaMomma I took your post as hoping it to be a Doler so you could see updates on this unusual breed :shrug: it would be good if we could.

Edited by HazyWal

Why did the original listing say 'seized for investigation'?

Yes I wondered that as well :/

ViszlaMomma I took your post as hoping it to be a Doler so you could see updates on this unusual breed :shrug: it would be good if we could.

Yep, that too.

:)

The original listing said 'Handed in for re-homing'....but for some reason it has now changed. Perhaps just a mistake?

I'd say an error.

Not the best photo of him - he just looks like a big Kelpie, or a Dobe with funny ears. Not sure whether that would work in his favour or against it. People might look at the listing because they don't recognise the breed but then decide it's a "designer" something or other. Or it's someone who does know what sort of dog it is and how big they get and buy him for all the wrong reasons.

Hopefully, it's someone with knowledge of the breed who's buying him for all the right reasons.

This dog is unique, from what I can gather he is the only one in Australia. The owner developed allergies after coming from France 9 months ago with the dog. Very sad. He tried to rehome on Gumtree. I hope this dog has gone to a knowledgable owner, I tried to share him with search and rescue etc., as they are very good with training and are even used as therapy dogs. Hope he goes well wherever he is...

Plus there'd been a post expressing interest in the breed. Which made me look up something about it.

And your expression of hope was just that, VM ... an expression of hope. You were not laying down a condition for rehoming.

Edited by mita