Pop Up Adoption Shop

casowner

I know many people may not agree with this and that is fine but I am awfully proud to have been the one that helped instigate this as I own P&K Pets and my FIL has donated the building for two weeks. Paws & Claws Adoptions is now registered with their Charity status and we are hoping to be able to get them support to make it a permanent thing.

post-23033-0-72763800-1398223335_thumb.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cats and kittens DD, they do dogs as well but this is a feline only zone :laugh:

The thing many people do not agree with is that the adult cats do not have an adoption fee, they are fully vetted and go through the normal adoption process and have a lifetime return policy. The kittens have fees but they also get a $100 store voucher from me next door and all kittens have a kitten pack supplied. We have people in there for hours letting the cats pick them and people just coming in for cat cuddle times. The cats are all so relaxed and healthy, many are long term RSPCA cats, all are rescues

some pics

post-23033-0-55977900-1398223965_thumb.jpg

post-23033-0-49829000-1398223987_thumb.jpg

Thanks, we have done well over 150 cats since Jan 1st and many are adults which is just fantastic, my foster cat Sammy the Scottish Fold was adopted on Saturday which caused a lot of tears but he has an awesome new family now

this is their fb page if anyone is interested P&CA Inc

They are on their way to pick up some purebred ragdoll kittens that are 9 weeks old so I am hanging out for cuddles, I think they are already spoken for by volunteers :laugh:

This is my Sammykins, he is 7 years old and a pure bred Scottish Fold. His new owner sent an update and he is so well loved

post-23033-0-58166200-1398226815_thumb.jpg

post-23033-0-26991500-1398226832_thumb.jpg

Many are hard to place older cats and it is great seeing 12 year olds get homes,in this situation people get to see how the react in a busy home type environment as they are not caged. People basically get mugged as soon as they sit down, there is an area that is for what people would consider farm cats, cats that may not be overly social but are friendly. These cats would normally be put down or over looked but they are fully vetted and many have been adopted. They even have a couple of FIV positive cats that are kept separate that will only go to inside only approved homes. Molly was taken to the vet two weeks ago with an injured leg, the xray showed necrosis and over 20 gun shot pellets so P&CA agreed to pay for the amputation and she was rehomed on Saturday, her vet bill alone was $500 and she was a fee waived cat :D

Miss Molly

post-23033-0-83562300-1398227971_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup::clap: So pleased that so many have homes.

The end results for cats placed in these places is not generally a happy one. No matter what term is used basically most end up on the dead pile.

I am going to tell anyone who phones me for an adult cat to go to your shop.

Well done.