Dog Bed

luffy4688

Hi,

Just wondering, does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase a good quality bed similar to the types I link below that's not like $60-80? Or is that the price I'm expected to pay for one?

I'm located in SA, but happy to purchase one online.

http://www.dogbedsgalore.com.au/product/DBO

http://www.ozdogbeds.com.au/snooza-good-dog-buddy-bed-sorrento-collection.html

Thank you!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I highly recommend the Snooza brand. Excellent quality. Will last many years if your dogs aren't destructive. You'll pay around the $60 to $ 80 mark for a smallish bed. I brought my 2 the Snooza Cuddler variety & they love them. They also are fully washable & you can buy replaceement / exchangable inserts & covers.

Great Aussie product :)

Hi, I highly recommend the Snooza brand. Excellent quality. Will last many years if your dogs aren't destructive. You'll pay around the $60 to $ 80 mark for a smallish bed. I brought my 2 the Snooza Cuddler variety & they love them. They also are fully washable & you can buy replaceement / exchangable inserts & covers.

Great Aussie product :)

I have a Royale branded one that I bought nearly 2 years ago for quite cheap, Bailey loves it. I'm not too sure if it's the quality or does it happen to all beds over time, but the sponge/cushion bit is now quite flat and doesn't offer as much comfort as it used to.

Have you had any similar issues with the Snooza ones?

No luffy. No flattening of bedding here. If that were to occur in years to come I'd just be able to buy some new filler or a new bottom cushion if need be :)

that is what i like about the snooza, all their 'spare parts' that you can buy seperately. Very smart of them :)

Another thumbs up for Snooza. I have 4 of their beds. Two large oblong, 1 large round and 1 large cuddler all in safari velboa. I have 2 black and a yellow lab and these beds do not show the dirt or the mountains of dog hair that is inevitable with labradors. Easy to wash and replacement bits and pieces available. Not the cheapest beds on the market but the quality speaks for itself.

I am always aghast at the price of dogs beds, but if they last for years and you have big dogs, I suppose they must be worth it.

I have only little dogs and ones that aren't destructive, so my experience is limited. However, the over-riding consideration for me is that every bit of them has to be machine washable LOL, beds that is.

Try the El Cheapo places like The Reject Shop and others of their ilk. Perfectly satisfactory dog beds for a fraction of the price in pet shops.

Oh yes I have spent big $$$ on beds. My guys aren't destructive but I couldn't find a bed my girl would actually sleep in. I went through 4 different types which are all in the ward robe :o No.5 Snooza Cuddler :thumbsup: She loves it. I have to wake her up sometimes to get her out :laugh:

My two BC girls have Snooza cuddlers and one is at least 7 years old now and still in good condition. I think the newer models are a bit improved though as the one which I have which is about 6 years old isn't as flat as my older one.

I just bought a snooza D1000 from www.pawsforlife.com.au big savings on shipping if you're close enough to adelaide with $6.95 flat rate.They don't have a great range in the snooza beds, but they have other brands also.

Thank you for the replies so far!

Have you guys been to Costco?

They have awesome large doggie beds for about $60.

There's no Costco in Adelaide, yet anyway! I think one is opening in the near future. But still, not worth it for a single guy who lives alone like me to get a membership there I reckon. laugh.gif

Snooza seems to be the way to go judging from the responses. I'm fine paying extra for a good quality, long lasting one. Still astounds me how expensive dog beds can get though!

Edited by luffy4688

Lucy chewed and destroyed her snoozer bed as a puppy so I decided to buy a cheap one from amazon. She's just turned 2 and we can't go anywhere overnight without it. It gets washed monthly in the washing machine and has still kept its shape. It's has a soft wool like outer and she just loves it!! Shipping also wasn't too expensive as the bed is very light.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BYQ0CE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another thumbs up for Snooza. I have 4 of their beds. Two large oblong, 1 large round and 1 large cuddler all in safari velboa. I have 2 black and a yellow lab and these beds do not show the dirt or the mountains of dog hair that is inevitable with labradors. Easy to wash and replacement bits and pieces available. Not the cheapest beds on the market but the quality speaks for itself.

We have the safari velboa here as well anngirl. Lovely colour, doesn't show the hair or dirt. Incredibly soft & luxurious as well. I want to climb into them :laugh: