Best (nice) Collars For Grubby Dogs.

Steph M

HAHA love the Jammies Steph!

Those syn tek collars look great, I'm also thinking of getting them for my 2. They both wear leather collars but they are so grubby. I can't buy them any nice looking things. Beds are the worst. Bought a really nice bed for Hank recently and within an hour it was covered in mud and hair and had been farted on and dragged through the house.

Also agree re: more colour options!

HankOdie (I almost got lazy and abbreviated your name to HO. Awkward!) I literally tell my two they are why we can't have nice things once a day, if not more. Same as your place, if its not muddy its chewed, if its not nailed down its paraded through the house and yard like a prize. Haha.

I've given up on beds. I actually just bought a second hand toddler bed like this; 22226.jpeg

Some Clark Rubber thick memory foam and some cheap sheets and put that up the end of our room for them.

Cost about $20 plus some old throw rugs and voila! Can't be taken outside. Haha.

Still very much farted on though.

Huski do you find the syntek ones rub at all or are they nice and soft? I'm almost considering getting an orange one and putting it aside for down the track if my dog is out with SES but needs to be OK with the loose neck skin. (hope you don't mind me derailing a bit Steph)

Not at all! Gus has a little jowl too and the other grub hasn't got much fur so not rubbing is important!

The "feral one" has a polyurethane (fake leather) slip leash - nice collars and Em don't mix :o

But she's so pppprrreeetttyyy!

Check out Dublin Dog. My friend has 3 of these collars for her dogs and they haven't aged a day. They're water proof, don't smell and you just give them a wipe with a damp cloth to get off any fur or dander build up. She bought from the website but there may be an Australian stockist. They're really awesome collars.

ETA: She has the "All style no stink" ones.

Edited by Mim

Check out Dublin Dog. My friend has 3 of these collars for her dogs and they haven't aged a day. They're water proof, don't smell and you just give them a wipe with a damp cloth to get off any fur or dander build up. She bought from the website but there may be an Australian stockist. They're really awesome collars.

ETA: She has the "All style no stink" ones.

these look pretty awesome!

Quite pretty too.

StephM that toddler bed idea is awesome. You may have just solved my dog bed problem :worship:.

Hahaha! It was much cheaper than a trampoline bed and easier to replace the foam than the whole thing. Plus I can wash their sheets! Grubs.

The Dublin Dog collars look good! Off to Google!

what about having his "bathers" collar for when he goes to the beach, and his going out collar for when you want him to look spiffy.

I used to have a plastic bridle for my horse that he only wore when I took him to the beach, I called it his bathers.

Guest hankodie

HAHA love the Jammies Steph!

Those syn tek collars look great, I'm also thinking of getting them for my 2. They both wear leather collars but they are so grubby. I can't buy them any nice looking things. Beds are the worst. Bought a really nice bed for Hank recently and within an hour it was covered in mud and hair and had been farted on and dragged through the house.

Also agree re: more colour options!

HankOdie (I almost got lazy and abbreviated your name to HO. Awkward!) I literally tell my two they are why we can't have nice things once a day, if not more. Same as your place, if its not muddy its chewed, if its not nailed down its paraded through the house and yard like a prize. Haha.

I've given up on beds. I actually just bought a second hand toddler bed like this; 22226.jpeg

Some Clark Rubber thick memory foam and some cheap sheets and put that up the end of our room for them.

Cost about $20 plus some old throw rugs and voila! Can't be taken outside. Haha.

Still very much farted on though.

Hahahaha I don't mind the HO abbreviation :laugh:

Ooo awesome idea Steph! I'm sure you could DIY and customise the bed part too. Is it big enough to fit both the dogs in? Hank is forever trying to lay on Odie's beds with her and he ends up flattening them (and her), I keep trying to tell him that he's too big but he won't listen. It would be nice to have something they could both lay on :laugh:

The one I got is about 1.3m, so well and truly!

Course.mine sleep like demented Siamese twins so it had to be. Haha.

I was thinking about painting it and getting some cheap cushions seeing as its now part of our room...sigh. Haha.

It cost $10 for bed, lamswool underlay and sheets, go forth and Gumtree! Haha.

I felt bad giving it to the beasts though! I also made the mistake of positioning it under a heating duct. The smell of hot dog fart greeted me when I got out of the shower today.

what about having his "bathers" collar for when he goes to the beach, and his going out collar for when you want him to look spiffy.

I used to have a plastic bridle for my horse that he only wore when I took him to the beach, I called it his bathers.

That's not a bad idea. Well worth having two, I just need something to last more than a few trips!

Both my guys swim everyday StephM & I love the Rogz Fancy Dress Obedience Collars. Excellent quality, don't rust & very quick drying. Very strong as well. I also like the fact they don' have any buckles :)

I can thoroughly recommend the non-stop semi check collars. They are brilliant and come in red, blue and black. There is also an orange and camo versions of the safety version. We have used it in river and surf.

http://www.non-stopdogwear.no/eng/Our-products/Dog-collars

They come from Norway but there is an Aussie distributor who sells them to the public.

http://www.malusky.com.au

Edited by Yonjuro

And there's nothing wrong with that! If someone would feed me, give me clean PJs and leave me nothing else to worry about I'd be so set!

Indeed!!!! For 13 years 5 months he lead the most cherished life.

And that is the right of any dog, imo.

:heart:

I'm a big fan of Ruffwear products, I've been using their Headwater collar on my water-crazed grubby lab and it has lasted and lasted. Even their Hoopie collar seems to handle daily sand/water/swampiness and comes in some nice colours. All their outdoor gear works well for me, I have harnesses, leads and boots too and no problems so far.

http://www.ruffwear.com