House-sitter

Trisven13

My sister is going overseas and has a house-sitter to look after her dogs & cats for 2 of the 3 weeks. It is a young girl who is a friend of a friend and works at the local vet. What should she pay? Would it be the same as she pays for the lady who comes normally and walks the dogs for 45 minutes each time?

I gave a friend $400 to look after my dog for 3 weeks. It was at her house though so there were no other duties.

Pet sitting businesses usually charge between $25-40 per day.

I'd probably give them around $5-600 for the three weeks depending on what other duties were required.

That's just my opinion though...

My two have been in the care of a friend for 4 weeks. I pick them up tomorrow.

Normally my pet sitters stay in my home but this time they stayed at my friend's place due to her work commitments. I supplied all of their food and beds, bowls etc.

I've bought her a beautiful Swarovski bracelet from Harrods as a thank you this time. It cost me the equivalent of around $120.

Edited by ~Anne~

I gave a friend $400 to look after my dog for 3 weeks. It was at her house though so there were no other duties.

Pet sitting businesses usually charge between $25-40 per day.

I'd probably give them around $5-600 for the three weeks depending on what other duties were required.

That's just my opinion though...

I think for three weeks $500 would be reasonable for looking after multiple dogs and cats.

We have a lady stay at our house and she minds four of our dogs and a cat for $40 per day, she won't mind the Newf. He goes to a boarding kennel at $55 per day so we don't go away very often :( .

Mish the lady you have is a lot more expensive than any pet sitter I've heard of, especially those who stay in your home. Then she's choosy about which animals she minds. Is there a reason why she won't mind the Newf? Does he have aggression issues?

I wouldn't be prepared to pay anyone $40 a day to stay in my home and have them refuse to mind one of my animals.

Have just been away in Thailand and got my cleaner to house sit.

We gave her $100 per week plus her usually cleaning pay.

All she had to do was let dogs out of runs and put them away and feed them.

And keep an eye on the cats.

She said she loved it as it was like a mini holiday for her.

We were supposed to be gone 22 days but had to come home after only 10 days and she was really disappointed.

She has said from now on she is happy to do it for free.

We have also had her in if we have to have a night away or weekend away.