Important Request For Allerzoit And Grumpette

Brandiandwe

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was incredibly hard for me - I spent the first 6 weeks becoming emotionally invested in the white girl.

Purple is not necessarily the puppy that you would pick if you were looking for a show dog - white and orange are those two girls, they are total show picks. Purple is smaller and with a less impressive headtype.... but beautiful body construction.

In the end I had to recognise that purple best provided what we had hoped to achieve with this mating, in terms of improving what we have and giving us what we need to go on with.

Both white and orange are off to show homes, whereas we will be unlikely to ever show Luna - I just don't have the heart for showing anymore - so I'm happy that those two will get to strut their stuff in the ring. In the end - I couldn't go past her overall construction, she is just what we wanted to get and what we need :)

I can't even begin to imagine just how hard the choice would've been -- I'm actually still struggling to notice much difference between any of the pups!!! :laugh: Do you mean that Luna has a less impressive head type in that it (to me) it doesn't seem as broad as some of the others? She was still my pick of the litter from the gorgeous snuggly picture of her with Nova -- I melted at the slight of it! -- and the fact I'm biased towards the colour purple!! :)

How do the white and orange girl compare to Luna Little? Do they have a more sound head type AND body or are they more in the head only? I'm just curious because I have no idea about any of this and find it fascinating. For what it's worth, orange was my second pick because I also love the colour!

Welcome sweet Luna :) I can't wait to keep watching you grow into the big sweetie you're destined to be! :love:

Do you mean that Luna has a less impressive head type in that it (to me) it doesn't seem as broad as some of the others?

Spot on! :D She has the breadth of muzzle, but not quite as broad in the skull as white and orange - she is still very pretty with a lovely head, but orange and white will be more striking, which judges will like in the show ring :)

How do the white and orange girl compare to Luna Little? Do they have a more sound head type AND body or are they more in the head only?

In my opinion Luna has the best front feet in the litter, with the shortest and most arched toes, which is something I'm trying to improve on - so keeping the best feet is a big plus for me. She also has the best front angulation of the three girls, best upper arm length and shoulder layback. Not that the other two are poor in that area, but Luna is the best of them. She probably also has the best croup of the three.

Comparatively, Orange and white have stronger headtypes and more outgoing "look at me" attitudes, both of which will be good for the showring :)

• 2 weeks later...

So sad! Only 4 puppies left here now. Millie flew out for her new home in Qld today - she was my snuggle puppy! Waah!

aw, HUGS to you for being such a wonderful Carer & human to this beautiful litter.

Cyberhugs to the sweet Nova too.

:grouphug::flower::grouphug:

Sniffs.

Edited by VizslaMomma

I think that's the part of breeding I could never do -- send the puppies off. I mean I can totally understand the 'being over' the mess and effort of young pups but it must still be sooooooo hard to say goodbye -- regardless of what awesome homes you find for them.

Give your gorgeous Loona (mash-up of Loony Luna) snuggle for me cause she's always been my sweet favourite!! Oh and give Nova huge snuggles and bum scratches too!!!

More photos too please!!! :D

Airport drop offs are the worst! I enjoy handing babies over to their new owners and being a part of their joy, but hate airport drop offs!

Imagine the panic tonight to see that Millie's flight from Brisbane to her new home had been cancelled and Millie was stuck in Brisbane! That's when it gets really hard!

Hopefully she has now landed though and is waiting to be picked up - just waiting to hear from her mum!

Not a good night to fly around Brisbane from what I hear!! Hope everyone there is safe!

purple (Luna-tic)

Hahaha my girl is also known as Luna-tic, Loon, or Loony.

How's she going? Are you coping OK with all the puppies departing?

She's going very well :D We've discovered that she's quite the little "Miss" - she will completely ignore you if she so chooses, to the point that you can pick her up to cuddle her and she will keep turning her head away, dismissing you! Little minx!

I love attitude :D

It's getting very quiet here, but apart from that we're coping fine :) Although it was certainly heart attack time last night when Millie's flight was cancelled with her sitting in Brisbane! All ended well though :D