Unusual Activities You Do With Your Dogs

grumpette

Dogs looks so proud of been appreciated for the job they been doing with all their pride and ability! awsome! :)

We are on the smaller scale getting our dog to see the poultry as a clients to protect and not a walking meal.

and how we are now

Brilliant work Aleksandr.

I knew Shepherds were herding dogs, but did not know that they also had a livestock guarding role as well.

Oh it was a mission to teach him to do the poultry right. at the beginning he was just keep pushing our poor ducks back to the shed and chasing chooks for the same reason non stop. Our small ivory of budgies was just bucked over(ice cream he thought). :)

Very relaxed now with poultry and He gets a fresh raw egg every feeding time he kind of respect that. However, only Turkey allowed to drink from his plate. :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooo. Not more things I want to do.

*cries into hands*

So much fun stuff. So few days in the weekend.

BTW Awesome photos, they look like they had heaps if fun.

Oh God I know. We so want to try dog soccer as well, and weight pulling, and carting, and ..........................

I need to marry a millionaire and retire :rofl:

It's a testament to the Rottweiler's versatility that we are in this dilemma of choice. :D

*cries into hands*

Oh God I know. We so want to try dog soccer as well, and weight pulling, and carting, and ..........................

It's a testament to the Rottweiler's versatility that we are in this dilemma of choice. :D

Or is it an indication of the crazy lengths that Rottweiler owners will go to just to keep their dogs entertained and happy?

I love the stories and pics Grumpette and Aleksandr. :thumbsup:

The water ones brought to mind my old Lab boy Maya who was a prolific swimmer. He swam daily in a local river. Sometimes he wouldn't retrieve the stick we'd thrown but instead bring back rubbish so we took advantage of this and eventually got him to help clean up the river. All we had to do was pretend to be throwing something and yell "bring it Maya, bring it" and he would go and find a plastic bottle and bring it back where we would bin it! I think he deserved a Clean up Austalia award for his achievements as he must have removed kilos of rubbish from that river.

I don't have a good digital pic handy but here is a tattered old one of him swimming. And no stick was too small, he even dragged a dead tree out of a dam once.

RIP Maya, I'll never forget him! :heart:

post-14871-0-41000100-1410655058_thumb.jpg

post-14871-0-36338900-1410656026_thumb.jpg

post-14871-0-60846000-1410656056_thumb.jpg

Edited by LabTested

Probably not too unusual but I've started agility with Bosco my young Borzoi - except he can't fit in the tunnel :laugh: sees the A frame as a great perch to view the world :laugh: and can't understand why he should jump when he can just step over - most of the others are working dogs.......

Nothing unusal here- just boring agility :laugh:

But my agility dogs are a little unusual. not too many cavs doing it- considering most cavs i see around are roly poly beasts. So maybe it is a little unusual.

I also plan on giving Kokoda a go at coursing as he loves chasing things :D

My previous Cav used to ride the body boards at the beach. He LOVED it!

post-42249-0-85133100-1410679213_thumb.jpg

post-42249-0-50956700-1410679234_thumb.jpg

*cries into hands*

Or is it an indication of the crazy lengths that Rottweiler owners will go to just to keep their dogs entertained and happy?

:laugh: I suspect that this one couldn't be truer.

Nothing unusal here- just boring agility :laugh:

But my agility dogs are a little unusual. not too many cavs doing it- considering most cavs i see around are roly poly beasts. So maybe it is a little unusual.

I also plan on giving Kokoda a go at coursing as he loves chasing things :D

My previous Cav used to ride the body boards at the beach. He LOVED it!

Brilliant. Never let the size of your dog stop you from doing activities.

Probably not too unusual but I've started agility with Bosco my young Borzoi - except he can't fit in the tunnel :laugh: sees the A frame as a great perch to view the world :laugh: and can't understand why he should jump when he can just step over - most of the others are working dogs.......

I love the fact that you are doing a sport that is not traditional for your breed.

Oh and photos are a must. :thumbsup: