Which Dog To Take

Rozzie

I was worried how my two dogs would go when we moved from acreage to suburbia and one of them couldn't care less and the other was actually a lot calmer in a confined environment (he had sep anxiety and lots of noise fears). It's also surprising how much wildlife can be in a suburban yard so the one who spent all her time with the chickens and geese had possums, blue tongues and plenty of native birds to keep her amused. I'm sure they missed long walks chasing rabbits, eating horse hoof off cuts and rolling in manure but our closest park has lots of other exciting smells that we replaced it with.

I was worried about my dogs too moving from land to the burbs. I had a thread on here :) They took the move really well. A bit of barking at neighbors sometimes, I didn't have neighbors at the last place. They go out for daily walks now and really like that. I couldn't walk out from my old house. I've got about a quarter of an acre and I think they would be fine on a much smaller block.

I'd be more inclined to take the most independent dog. The one that is likely to cope best being away from the other dogs and away from you if need be.

I doubt the transition to suburbia will be more of an issue than the above, but just my thoughts :)

I was worried about my dogs too moving from land to the burbs. I had a thread on here :) They took the move really well. A bit of barking at neighbors sometimes, I didn't have neighbors at the last place. They go out for daily walks now and really like that. I couldn't walk out from my old house. I've got about a quarter of an acre and I think they would be fine on a much smaller block.

There is only one direct neighbour and the yard has colourbond fencing with the lattice extension. It's a great town for walking and whoever would get a walk in the morning before I leave for work and again in the afternoon. The yard is quite small. There is also an excellent doggy daycare that I would probably use weekly.