Doggy Gift Box Dissappointment

Little Gifts

Oh that is disappointing - but at least the customer service is looking to make good and listen to your complaints. I can understand the postage cost as parcel shipping is very expensive even if it is just down the road.

I applaud any small business prepared to give it a crack and I would personally expect to make around $22.50 profit out of a $45 sale. I would guess that there is only around $18 profit in your sale.

Anyway, thats just my two bobs worth, and I do understand that you would be unhappy with the product.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The offer of the refund is very fair.

In all honesty, I wouldn't pay $45 for what you received either (including postage).

The boxes should be at the very least, pet appropriate (for the pet you signed up).

Reminds me of a certain Red Paw Paw discussion in OT not long ago.

Go the refund. That's pretty reasonable and they probably know they are marking it up unfairly.

None of what you got is much different than you can buy in a Dollar Store really. How disappointing.

(Off topic alert: I used to belong to a beauty box service - I got so teed off at the quality of what I got for what I paid - I cxld. Now the Loot Box, THAT was worth the $$)

Disappointment aside - the people behind the business have taken the time to come on here and respond to your feedback and it is a little rude that you have not even bothered to acknowledge their post.

Fair enough - you are disappointed in what was received. They have offered a refund if you want to return the box. I'd suggest you take them up on it and move on.

Hi All,

As mentioned by another user above, the products do retail for over $45. As we're not a large-volume buyer, we don't always receive savings from suppliers, although they do what they can and love seeing their products being sent to pups around the country.

We only use Australia Post, and they charge a premium. We tried cheaper delivery options, such as Fastway, however seemed to misplace dog goodies (perhaps the courier drivers own dogs?).

Constructive feedback is great, and we've certainly taken everything mentioned above not only to heart, but onboard.

The two of us (yup, we're a very small company), or three if you include Olly, try hard to find unusual and exciting toys; we've used a lot of Tuffy toys in the past, and they've been loved by rough dogs. We also focus on sustainable products and support many small Australian businesses.

FYI, a portion of every purchase is donated to our partner rescues; Sydney Dogs and Cats Home, SA Dog Rescue, Desperate for Love Dog Pound Rescue Inc. & Desperate for Love Dog Pound Rescue Inc :)

Cheers,

Drewe

Disappointment aside - the people behind the business have taken the time to come on here and respond to your feedback and it is a little rude that you have not even bothered to acknowledge their post.

Fair enough - you are disappointed in what was received. They have offered a refund if you want to return the box. I'd suggest you take them up on it and move on.

Drewe and I had spoken by email before he posted on here (or at the same time really - his post came up when I posted mine explaining what I'd been told in the email). We've also had an email discussion since then as as well about a full or partial refund. I have acknowledged both the information he has sent and the refund offer privately. I did not respond to any of his posts as I felt he was entitled to have his say here too. So I wasn't being rude and ignoring what he had to say, I was allowing him the space to say it.

I do appreciate what he has said and offered. I have expressed my disappointment. Their product is obviously not for me. I shared my experience on DOL because it was a recent thread on here where I found out about the product in the first place.

Guest donatella

I feel so bad reading this for the company. Perhaps this sort of thing is more suited to someone who isn't in it for getting every cent of their money back but moreso the excitement of a dog box and supporting rescues and a small business.

Edited by donatella

Hi All,

As mentioned by another user above, the products do retail for over $45. As we're not a large-volume buyer, we don't always receive savings from suppliers, although they do what they can and love seeing their products being sent to pups around the country.

We only use Australia Post, and they charge a premium. We tried cheaper delivery options, such as Fastway, however seemed to misplace dog goodies (perhaps the courier drivers own dogs?).

Constructive feedback is great, and we've certainly taken everything mentioned above not only to heart, but onboard.

The two of us (yup, we're a very small company), or three if you include Olly, try hard to find unusual and exciting toys; we've used a lot of Tuffy toys in the past, and they've been loved by rough dogs. We also focus on sustainable products and support many small Australian businesses.

FYI, a portion of every purchase is donated to our partner rescues; Sydney Dogs and Cats Home, SA Dog Rescue, Desperate for Love Dog Pound Rescue Inc. & Desperate for Love Dog Pound Rescue Inc :)

Cheers,

Drewe

I was going to suggest you get an account with Fastways...but I see you are not happy with them. We use them to transport the Black Hawk Dog Food & have never had a problem. It certainly is a cheaper option to Australia Post. :)

Yes. I apologise for my narkiness - I think it's great that a) you got offered a full refund which a lot of companies would not do and b) that they came on here and responded. It was rude of me to continue to comment.

Whether or not you recieved value for money is entirely subjective, and I'm having a bad day and could have been more professional.

I think the dog-savvy crowd here is just a bit more particular about what products they like. If that box had maybe one or two more items in it, I wouldn't mind giving it a go as my dog is not a destroyer and the puppy ring thing would probably be fine for her - I can understand the OP's frustration given that she registered her dog as a medium-sized breed but got an item for a puppy instead.

That being said, the customer service shown by the company here seems to be exceptional and that is very encouraging to see.

Hi All,

Cheers,

Drewe

I was going to suggest you get an account with Fastways...but I see you are not happy with them. We use them to transport the Black Hawk Dog Food & have never had a problem. It certainly is a cheaper option to Australia Post. :)

The east coast services seem okay, so far. We've had problems with deliveries from Brisbane to Perth - four parcels lost just last week.

I feel so bad reading this for the company. Perhaps this sort of thing is more suited to someone who isn't in it for getting every cent of their money back but moreso the excitement of a dog box and supporting rescues and a small business.

Wow. Really? I've never been accused of that before. As for supporting rescues and small business I wasn't even aware till today that this applied to this business. Like most people I followed a link here on DOL, thought it sounded like a cool idea and spent my money (with a view to spending even more money spoiling my dogs if it worked out). I wasn't aware that a third of my money went to the post cost either (it wasn't mentioned anywhere). Nor was I aware of what to expect in the box (no pictures of Xmas boxes were provided). They made it sound all mysterious and exciting but for me it wasn't.

So far I haven't seen a post by any other DOLer saying they'd be happy getting the same box for that price but feel free to ignore that and have a stab at what you think are my values.

Guest donatella

I think it's pretty unfair to take a refund unless you are going to return the items IMO. So you get a free box and they get bad publicity and lose a client who wasn't going to return. I would never get a doggy box because I've seen the others and none of them are worth what you pay and quite frankly my dogs cost me enough at the moment however I thought people did it for the love of their dog.

I think it's pretty unfair to take a refund unless you are going to return the items IMO. So you get a free box and they get bad publicity and lose a client who wasn't going to return. I would never get a doggy box because I've seen the others and none of them are worth what you pay and quite frankly my dogs cost me enough at the moment however I thought people did it for the love of their dog.

I never asked for nor did I accept a refund after it was offered. I paid for a box and I got a box. The dogs will enjoy the treats and the toys will go with some other toys I have to a local rescue group. I decided not to pursue a partial or full refund on the basis that it would cost this business more to do that and I made that decision after learning they are a small business and because they have been very good in responding to my unhappiness.

I'd be happy to see a whole pile of Reject Shop/Discount Shop cheap stuffed toys in the box and have more of the cost go towards charity personally. Perhaps if Drewe from Olly's Box is reading this it could be taken into consideration.

The only reason I don't want expensive toys is because my guys LOVE destroying them and most are lucky to last 5 minutes. They get just as much satisfaction destroying $2 toys as they do some of the $20 ones I've purchased in the past.

Maybe Olly's Box could look into a few different types of Boxes catering to those who want more exxy toys and those who don't?

I'd be happy to see a whole pile of Reject Shop/Discount Shop cheap stuffed toys in the box and have more of the cost go towards charity personally. Perhaps if Drewe from Olly's Box is reading this it could be taken into consideration.

The only reason I don't want expensive toys is because my guys LOVE destroying them and most are lucky to last 5 minutes. They get just as much satisfaction destroying $2 toys as they do some of the $20 ones I've purchased in the past.

Maybe Olly's Box could look into a few different types of Boxes catering to those who want more exxy toys and those who don't?

Great idea! We could possibly offer a "premium" box and a cheaper alternative. We've got a lot coming up in the new year, as we received a lot of great suggestions from people who stopped by our stall at the Sydney Dog Lovers Show, so this will be another on our list of things to do :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by Drewe - Olly's Box

Posting boxes is always expensive :(

Maybe try a 'Doggy Parcel' instead. That way you can use prepaid postal bags and it may work out cheaper? :)

Oh yes, and good on Olly's Box for their response :thumbsup:

Edited by Ranga