Vomiting

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True MRB - it's a bit of a dilemma. My husband said he wants to visit this arvo, so hopefully he can get there in time before they shut. Would be good I think - Nix is closer to me, but my hubby and Nix still have lovely cuddles most nights, so could work out well.

Apart from not wanting to upset him when I leave, I'm overly hormonal and spent the majority of my visit yesterday bawling, and I'm not sure it's good for either of us :(

Sorry guys, missed your posts!

I just got back from taking him home. He was very happy and excited, and very perky. He'd just had another bath cos apparently the charcoal gets everywhere...

The vet said her gut feeling is that he won't have any lasting issues, but we're booked in on Tuesday for more bloods to check. His bloods yesterday were still normal, so that's a relief!

She said to just treat him normally - no special treatment or medication.

The only signs of renal distress are likely to be if he's drinking less water, so will keep an eye on that over the weekend.

The first thing he did when we got home (after a massive poo!) was have a big drink, so hopefully that's a good sign :)

Will update again after we get his next test results back.

From what I can tell he spent the whole night sleeping on his back :) guess he couldn't do that in a crate with drip and cone attached...

I'm certainly paranoid about every little thing though. The vet implied he would be normal,but he's certainly very tired. I took him to the park and he loved it, but seemed a little fragile. It's going to be a long wait til Tuesday!

Thanks again for every little post guys, they all mean so much!

He's doing pretty well thanks! I felt like he was a bit tired and not 100% for a couple of days, but he came good on Sunday and seems fine now.

We went to the vet today for his blood test. No results yet - hopefully in the morning. Have everything crossed for the all clear! Will let you know ASAP :)