Vomiting

Nix had an enormous spew not long ago. He had breakfast around 8am, then some grapes at lunch, then nothing for the last 6+ hours. I assume that means I can rule out bloat? He had a 2nd smaller spew that was mostly bile. He looks sad and wants to eat grass.

He was looking and acting fine earlier. Racing around at the park as per usual.

Just after signs that mean we should be rushing to the vet tonight...?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why did your dog have grapes? Do you know they are toxic for dogs? How much grape did he eat? Is grape eating a once of or a regular thing?

The grapes may or may not be significant or not but certainly worth investigation. I think it causes renal failure and can be potentially fatal if the particular dog is very sensitive. Is be consulting a vet.

Omg, you're kidding?! I didn't know that...

He had a handful. I've given him some in the past but usually only 3 or 4 at a time...

I usually give him carrots when I leave, but I'd run out

Yep grape and raison are a big no no for dogs. I don't know if it's accumulative or not so I'd be consulting with a vet about symptoms and whether veterinary intervention is advised.

Have called our vet friend and she's checking some resources. Have looked up how to get to the emergency vet and ready to go. He's not well, poor baby...

And remember although the grape link seems obvious, it could be something else entirely.

Good luck.

I just been reading a bit about grape toxicity in dogs, and I'm afraid to say, but you might just have a problem on your hands. From what I can gather vomiting is the first symptom, and the sooner support treatment for kidney damage begins, the better. I reckon I'd be off to the vet. :(

Dog vomiting and depressed.... IF there is something seriously wrong, it won't be improving with a "wait and see" approach.

I suggest you go to the vet NOW. Sometimes time is of the essence in seeking treatment. Just go.

Fingers crossed he gets better soon :hugs:

I know some people who used to use grapes as treats before it was found to be a bad thing. I guess their dog was just not sensitive to them at all :shrug:

So hopefully not a problem to you either.

ETA: My dog had a similar thing Saturday actually. Threw up that previous night at 1am, and again at 5am, wouldn't eat all day, just wanted to curl up or eat my bamboo. Fine the next day. Hopefully that is what Nix has.

Edited by denali

He's at the emergency vet overnight, getting stuffed full of charcoal. He's getting looked after by Elise, and she's lovely, so I know he's being well looked after. I head back first thing to transport him to our usual vet. Fingers crossed he will be ok.

Thanks for the support everyone x

1427116590[/url]' post='6667768']

He's at the emergency vet overnight, getting stuffed full of charcoal. He's getting looked after by Elise, and she's lovely, so I know he's being well looked after. I head back first thing to transport him to our usual vet. Fingers crossed he will be ok.

Thanks for the support everyone x

Lucky boy is probably being spoilt by Elise!

Hope all is well this morning.