Slow Cooker Recipe For Dogs

Guest donatella

Guest donatella

I am on my phone so couldn't find any details but now it's getting cold I want to do a big slow cooker batch for them as they like warm meals.

I'm thinking

Mince

Veges (blended first)

Brown rice

Beef stock (is this safe?)

Eggs (how many?)

Am I missing any essentials? Please link me any good recipes or thread with info.

Edited by donatella

I did up a batch of food for Dozer yesterday.

I sloshed in a bit of beef stock (salt reduced would be better), mince, rice and cooked chicken breast and then simmered until the rice was cooked.

Then i mixed through some olive oil and coconut oil.

Dozer has gone nuts for it every time I've nuked some for his meals, and my housemate had a good stare at the container and announced that it's fit for human consumption as well...

I'd say the addition of eggs would have been a great idea, all depends on how much you're making.

I probably would have used two or three with 500g of each chicken and mince, but I think any more would be very rich.. Not to mention the gas!

Have a look here under the pet food section.

Nice one!

:thumbsup:

Donatella: consider using the Massell stock. I find that not as salty.

Eggs I add per serve & not in the cooking. My boy is bigger than your wee dainties so I add the shell as well, mashed up lots.

Another variation is chicken simmered for ages, then stripped of bones.

:flower:

Guest donatella

Thanks guys. I have a big brew on now, breakfast never looked so good as a hound in this place :eat:

Don, if you get some bones and vegetables such as carrot and celery etc. Throw them in some water in the slow cooker for as long as possible 8+ hours. Then you have your own beef stock to freeze in small portions that you can just add to your future slow cooker meals for the pooches.

If you make a bone stock yourself next time you can add this in and it should take care of the calcium needs, not only that but you will be making a great home made stock without the salt and preservatives found in the ready bought stuff :thumbsup:

Duh, I see Corrie basically said the same thing LOL

Edited by Yonjuro

My dogs love soup/casserole season. They always get some mixed in with the fresh meat.

Lamb shanks and veggie soup with barley. This usually has carrots, celery, garlic, swede,turnip, barley and fresh herbs.

Pumpkin and sweet potato soup.

Minestrone.

Chicken noodle with veggies.

And stews.

They love mashed potato/sweet potato/pumpkin mixed with their meat, vets all natural and sardines.

The only vegetable that I don't give them is corn kernels. They pass straight through.

My dogs love soup/casserole season. They always get some mixed in with the fresh meat.

Lamb shanks and veggie soup with barley. This usually has carrots, celery, garlic, swede,turnip, barley and fresh herbs.

Minestrone.

And stews.

They love mashed potato/sweet potato/pumpkin mixed with their meat, vets all natural and sardines.

The only vegetable that I don't give them is corn kernels. They pass straight through.

All great food but fart fodder for the 1st few meals of winter.....

at least with HOrrible Herbet

:eek:

Minestrone.

And stews.

All great food but fart fodder for the 1st few meals of winter.....

at least with HOrrible Herbet

:eek:

:rofl:

Not even a tummy grumble evident from the Rotties.

Poor Horrible Herbet. Better pack that squeaky duck :D

• 2 months later...