Nag Nag Nag

OMG I hate clicking toenails! I am such a bad sleeper that it always wakes me up. My dogs sleep in the laundry room and the floor is almost totally covered by beds so I am baffled how they can make the amount of clicking that they do. They must stand and walk on the spot :laugh:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG I hate clicking toenails! I am such a bad sleeper that it always wakes me up. My dogs sleep in the laundry room and the floor is almost totally covered by beds so I am baffled how they can make the amount of clicking that they do. They must stand and walk on the spot :laugh:

Omg. It drives me INSANE. Click click click......click click click click...ARGGHGHGH! I just lie there waiting for the next click. It's easier to take the buggers out. Lili is an angel, pees and runs straight back in but Mosley sniffs and patrols and eats cat poo :mad

Edited by Dame Aussie

No way I would subject my neighbours to what my dog thinks of being locked outside all night. And there's no shelter out there either.

Click click click - time to book in with Gruflife for a claw trim.

What really makes me awake fast is a very specific "I'm busting" bark - at the back door...

No way I would subject my neighbours to what my dog thinks of being locked outside all night. And there's no shelter out there either.

Click click click - time to book in with Gruflife for a claw trim.

What really makes me awake fast is a very specific "I'm busting" bark - at the back door...

Nothing makes a dog owner bolt out of bed faster than the blurg blurg of a dog about to :vomit:

:rofl: :rofl: Sometimes I'm fast enough to at least get them off the bed - even if I don't make the doggy door to throw them through that (Yes I'm a tough Mum!). Easier to clean the floor than all the bed linen! Edited by westiemum

:rofl: :rofl: Sometimes I'm fast enough to at least get them off the bed - even if I don't make the doggy door to throw them through that (Yes I'm a tough Mum!). Easier to clean the floor than all the bed linen!

And you wonder why I don't want him on my bed?

You know how I told you that we are using the yawn technique to stop Tempeh from demanding excessive amounts of night time treats? Well on the morning of night 4 of the new regime I awoke to a wet foot and some lapping noises. Yep, she vom bommed my foot through the doona and it leaked down onto the sheets and on to the actual bed. My fault really because I just wasn't awake enough at 4.30am to work out not to flail my legs when things felt wet. There were no pre-emptive noises - it was a secret, silent payback.

If mine have an empty tummy morning vomit, then they'll jump off the bed first and vomit on the carpet.

They've always been really good though - they sleep when I do and get up when I do, and if they do get off the bed or ask to go outside during the night then there's usually a good reason.

Plus this time of year, it takes a lot for Annie to crawl out from under the doona. :laugh:

LG

Oh Yucky...

Has she got that acid reflux thing that is so dangerous for humans? Oh the horror.

Vet said pumpkin is good for upset tummies, and mum says apple is good.

I figure if I can stomach an apple when I'm feeling nauseous - there was nothing wrong with me really. Otherwise it acts as an emetic and that solves the problem but not the most comfortable.

OMG I don't think I could cope without a warning. :scared:

My dogs are great they will head for the doors and make it most times :thumbsup:

They just cannot open the doors. :( Thank Dog for brick floors.

All those with soggy doonas, in winter of all times, you have my sympathies.

ETA Oh LG, Tempeh is pure evil :rofl:

Edited by grumpette

Hey this is not as bad as the recent time I went to bed after nearly 24 hours of activity, pulled the doona over myself, realised it was wet and in my coma like state just put a towel down and dragged the doona in the dark into the laundry to worry about the next day! Big mistake! I wondered why no-one else wanted to share the bed with me that night!

I'm not sure what you call Temp's condition but maybe every other month she wakes up early and spews up bile and little bits of what look like chicken neck bones even if it has been days since she actually ate a neck (no carrot!). She has always been like this and two different vets have said it is normal for some dogs. She is fed twice a day and starts carrying on about 45 minutes before each meal like she is dying of hunger. She doesn't eat quickly and she will only eat till full. The late night treats seem to help the vomiting but I can usually guarantee a vomit if I change all the dog beds over. This time she did it on the newly laid people blankets and doonas that were covering my body. Apparently it is comforting to spew on clean linen. Said spewing does not stop her downing food immediately afterwards and she refuses to even have a drink and wash her mouth out either! And this only ever happens when she is sleeping overnight. I've never seen her feel off and have a grass session during the day like Stussy.

Dogs are weird.

Hey this is not as bad as the recent time I went to bed after nearly 24 hours of activity, pulled the doona over myself, realised it was wet and in my coma like state just put a towel down and dragged the doona in the dark into the laundry to worry about the next day! Big mistake! I wondered why no-one else wanted to share the bed with me that night!

I'm not sure what you call Temp's condition but maybe every other month she wakes up early and spews up bile and little bits of what look like chicken neck bones even if it has been days since she actually ate a neck (no carrot!). She has always been like this and two different vets have said it is normal for some dogs. She is fed twice a day and starts carrying on about 45 minutes before each meal like she is dying of hunger. She doesn't eat quickly and she will only eat till full. The late night treats seem to help the vomiting but I can usually guarantee a vomit if I change all the dog beds over. This time she did it on the newly laid people blankets and doonas that were covering my body. Apparently it is comforting to spew on clean linen. Said spewing does not stop her downing food immediately afterwards and she refuses to even have a drink and wash her mouth out either! And this only ever happens when she is sleeping overnight. I've never seen her feel off and have a grass session during the day like Stussy.

Dogs are weird.

Um.

Just for future reference, exactly WHAT breed is Tempeh?

Shar pei! But on the plus side she hasn't had any of the other usual health problems pei can get! She is very quirky though and is continuously developing new and strange behaviours which we struggle to be smarter than! She is a fan of discrete payback for not getting her own way. The joys of owning a stubborn shar pei!

Since we stopped the excessive night time snacks she has started two new behaviours. The first is she stands in front of the tv like she is watching it. This gets her attention because she is blocking the remote signal. All our dogs are allowed on the lounges and beds with the 'up' command. So her second thing is she only puts her front paws up and wants to have her rear end hoisted up. If you don't she just stays like that giving you pleading looks for 'help'! She has never done either of these things before but they are just more of her attention seeking, grand standing behaviours that we are now addressing! I don't know if she is super smart to think up all this new stuff or just odd. She gets loads of attention so does not need to play princess to get more! I really do feel that sometimes we are only one step ahead of her!

My evil hound just remembers and reuses what ever works.

So when she starts yelling at me - I have to stop and think - "what am I rewarding by giving into this?"

I think I know why she's so keen on walks at dinner time... cos of how many treats I dish out as we go along. Hmm...

Need to rethink that too.