Getting Rid Of Urine Smell On Pavers/concrete

Animal House

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just adding a further update. Now that I've used the Lavender for a while I'll be going back to Fruity next time. It's definitely not as strong with the smell and when I go back outside after a couple of hours I can still smell a bit of pee.

Excellent to know. Thanks Snook!

Olivers on Morphett Road might have some. 8377 0223

Since they're right next to the racecourse you think they might have extra equestrian stuff.

I just rang them and they do have equinade disinfectant stuff for cleaning.

I also told them there was a bit of a problem with their google map listing.

Oliver's grain and garden is "permanently closed" but

Oliver's pets and plants is open in the exact same spot and phone number - go figure.

Really don't want conflicting info on google when a business does a name change.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

Since they're right next to the racecourse you think they might have extra equestrian stuff.

Oliver's pets and plants is open in the exact same spot and phone number - go figure.

Really don't want conflicting info on google when a business does a name change.

Getting Google maps locations etc changed is not as simple as it should be or you woudl think.

From she would gets extremely frustrated!!!

Getting Google maps locations etc changed is not as simple as it should be or you woudl think.

From she would gets extremely frustrated!!!

I think part of Oliver's problem is they don't have domain name and normal web page, only a FB page. So there's no where the text links up both names and addresses ie a history page. Or a steady reference for google, so when Sensis / Yellow pages does an update - the old company gets marked as closed - no longer trading - when it has only changed it's name. And why google thinks it is a poultry farm - tho it does sell chickens for urban chooks. It's not the same Ingam.

Thanks very much Mrs RB - was out Morphett Road way yesterday so I dropped in and bought 5 litres of the fruity fro $21.95. Hopefully that will solve my back verandah problem. Four dogs generate a lot of wee!! thumbsup1.gif

Edited by westiemum

In desperation I tried bicarb, vinegar a yard broom and water.

Did a pretty good job!

I tried these and my deck still smells. It has pavers on it.

I damped down the pavers, sprinkled the bicarb around and brushed it in a little bit then let it sit for a bit. Then I washed it down with a vinegar and water solution, brushed it around a bit more. Then rinsed.

I think I might get some smelly stuff too though...more for the non-animal person in the house, than anyone else.

• 3 months later...

Snook where do you get the Equinade? I'm desperately in need of something for the tiled verandah...

According to their website..Petstock have this in stock. I am off there tomorrow to see if I can buy some. I washed my deck down with Phenol & now it & the dogs

smell like cow poo :vomit:

Sheena I find the Equinade works really well - horsey type suppliers have it as well. Will be interested to hear how you get on. smile.gif

Will keep you up to date. I am thinking I might put it in a large garden sprayer & spray the decking & kennels. I wonder if you can use it to spray cushions or carpet etc. as some of those ones you buy in the supermarket for indoors smell horrible.

I scrub the deck down with Biozet washing powder - one scoop dissolved in a bucket of warm water. I pour this into a kitty litter tray and constantly dip the broom (outdoor broom) into this. No trace of a smell afterwards, as the water drips down through the deck into the soil underneath and cleans that too. I use the same mix for any spot cleaning that is needed, and save the expensive stuff for any needs indoors.

I've never tried it on concrete, but I don't see why it wouldn't work there too.

Im going crazy, with Anna not well and peeing in the house every night. I need any suggestions of something I can use on polished wood. I take her out a few times a night but she still pees inside. My house is beginning to smell,other people cant smell it but I can!

I have used bi-carb and vinegar and it has worked a bit but not a lot.

Snook where do you get the Equinade? I'm desperately in need of something for the tiled verandah...

According to their website..Petstock have this in stock. I am off there tomorrow to see if I can buy some. I washed my deck down with Phenol & now it & the dogs

smell like cow poo :vomit:

phenyl or phenol?...phenol is a metabolic product found also in human urine...so ... :D

Edited by Willem

I couldn't get the Equinade so they have ordered me in Clinnikill. We are thinking now that the smell may be coming from the hundreds of flying foxes that have chosen our trees to visit every night. Still it wont hurt to give everything a good clean

I couldn't get the Equinade so they have ordered me in Clinnikill. We are thinking now that the smell may be coming from the hundreds of flying foxes that have chosen our trees to visit every night. Still it wont hurt to give everything a good clean

they indeed stink badly, very badly :( ...and they might soon come in thousands... :eek:

ETA: I like wildlife, but I don't need these guys as neighbours https://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/wildlife/livingwith/flyingfoxes/living-with-flying-foxes.html

Edited by Willem