Name Suggestions For Male Yellow Lab

Jch80

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many great suggestions here. It's taking quite a bit if convincing to get my hubbie on board with the Aussie names though ???? I think he likes the more human sounding names (Benson, Stan, Rigby).. He did like Cobber though. May have to compromise.. For what it's worth, Jarrah is my favourite ❤

Gotta love a Stan :D

blond australian cricket players

Cos they like catch - couldn't find any blond australian tennis players (they like tennis balls) apart from Leyton but google wouldn't play - coughed up lots of blond and female. ARGH.

Warnie

Shane (covers several of them)

Clarkie

Brettlee

Thommo

Most naughty dog name I know is "Fenton" but he's not Australian and you have to be careful when you call your dog something that reflects naughty ie that can be what you get - cos you expect that. Pick a better behaved name (so maybe not Warnie), and get better behaved dog, cos you expect a better behaved dog and are less likely to reward a naughty dog.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

from a chronic namer: both you and hubby make a list, give lists to eachother and circle names on eachothers list that you like, make new list.

pick perfect name for pup

then one year down the track realise you call the yellow lab- "lazy boy" or "stink bug" more than you call them their actual name!

more name suggestions:

Barry- Baz

garry - Gaz

from a chronic namer: both you and hubby make a list, give lists to eachother and circle names on eachothers list that you like, make new list.

pick perfect name for pup

then one year down the track realise you call the yellow lab- "lazy boy" or "stink bug" more than you call them their actual name!

more name suggestions:

Barry- Baz

garry - Gaz

laugh.gif yes.

Henry is almost always Fatboy..

Deniki gets Gonzalez and cheeka more than Deniki.

Edited by denali

Mine gets her own name a fair bit but also

Smokey, snowy, evil hound, evil weevil, pumpkin, hairy legs (after a cousin's goldfish - only I remember that gold fish) or just Legs...

PS and

pucker-bum

:)

PPS - when you get the puppy home - the name will become apparent. Ie the dog chooses the name.

Hence an Aussie Terrier named "Tracey" after a cyclone...

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

If you wait until you bring the puppy home, he will tell you his name then :o

For those of you who talk about the puppy choosing his name, do you mean that the right name will become apparent based on what he looks like and his temperament? I have 2 kids and their names were easier to choose than this puppy's name! Top 3 at this stage are Darwin, Benson and Chester.

Edited by Jch80

For those of you who talk about the puppy choosing his name, do you mean that the right name will become apparent based on what he looks like and his temperament? I have 2 kids and their names were easier to choose than this puppy's name! Top 3 at this stage are Darwin, Benson and Chester.

Hi Jch80

Yes. Once you get the puppy home - some of the names will just not suit him at all. If you get to visit him before you bring him home - that may also help rule some of them out.

Not a big fan of "Benson" - might as well call him ciggie cigarette. But it might be ok if you have a completely different story to tell when people ask why you called him that. Better than XXXX (beer) I guess.

I like Darwin too - but you do realise that's an old pommie bloke with a really big beard...

And don't forget to apply the "yell across the park" test. First few names for my dog failed. Eg Buckethead and Mrs Bucket - rhyme with something rude and possibly offensive if misunderstood. And Hyacinth (Mrs Bucket), you try yelling that across the park.

Another name for gold - "nugget"... I know a few Aussies who have that as their nick name.

There's also B1 and B2 (yellow bananas) :)

What's the yellow wiggle's name?

If you wait until you bring the puppy home, he will tell you his name then :o

Definitely. I bred my current pup and she started with one name and ended up with another! Her Mum was "Rosie puppy" (for HER Mum) for a week :o

Hi Jch80

Yes. Once you get the puppy home - some of the names will just not suit him at all. If you get to visit him before you bring him home - that may also help rule some of them out.

Not a big fan of "Benson" - might as well call him ciggie cigarette. But it might be ok if you have a completely different story to tell when people ask why you called him that. Better than XXXX (beer) I guess.

I like Darwin too - but you do realise that's an old pommie bloke with a really big beard...

And don't forget to apply the "yell across the park" test. First few names for my dog failed. Eg Buckethead and Mrs Bucket - rhyme with something rude and possibly offensive if misunderstood. And Hyacinth (Mrs Bucket), you try yelling that across the park.

Another name for gold - "nugget"... I know a few Aussies who have that as their nick name.

There's also B1 and B2 (yellow bananas) :)

What's the yellow wiggle's name?

Gee it's been a while since I've been subjected to watching the wiggles so I have no idea!

I really like nugget, thanks. I think I'll make a short list and when I visit the puppy I'll try to whittle it down. I've finally worn my husband down with the constant suggestions so he has said that 'as long as it's not completely ridiculous just do what you've gotta do'. ????????