I Need Help From The Dol Family.

gillybob

My lovely girl Anna is not well. All last week and this one, she has been drinking more than usual and weeing heaps as well. So much so she weed on my bed twice on Tuesday and vomited.

So we went to the vet and he put her through heaps of tests and she doesn't have diabetes, her kidneys are ok as is her liver. We also tested for infection. No signs od anything. He sent me home with ABs just in case she had a uti. Since she started the ABs on Tuesday she was showing signs of improvement and wasn't weeing as much. But now she wont eat and Im worried about giving her abs without food, I will ring the vet tomorrow. Any suggestions will be greatly accepted, Anna is around 7 and usually a happy soft girl, I love her to bits and am worried sick about her.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spoke to Fi and rang the vet I will take her to the vet tomorrow.

Ill leave them off tonight just in case they are making what is wrong with her worse, that's what it feels like.

Im so worried about her she has never not eaten.

And Fi says if she doesn't eat she has nothing to fight what ever is happening.

She is also depressed and feeling down didn't come for our walk and just wants to sleep.

So we will see the vet tomorrow.

She has no strength she cant get into the chair she likes and her back legs arnt good. If I was somewhere on the coast I would think its a tick. I found a sore on the side of her face yesterday maybe she has been bitten by something. I don't know and hate that I cant help her.

I'm so sorry. :( It's dreadful when they are ill.

Just a couple of questions. Was it a full blood panel sent off to a lab or an in-house test? Did they check pain responses?

DD is right. If you don't have nutrigel just rub some honey on her gums to improve blood sugar levels.

From experience; there could be nothing (illness wise) wrong with her at all anymore :) sometimes the more mature dogs just don't bounce back as fast as a younger dog. Vets may just want to admit her for rest + I.V. fluids for a bit of a boost.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

I'm so sorry. :( It's dreadful when they are ill.

Just a couple of questions. Was it a full blood panel sent off to a lab or an in-house test? Did they check pain responses?

DD is right. If you don't have nutrigel just rub some honey on her gums to improve blood sugar levels.

From experience; there could be nothing (illness wise) wrong with her at all anymore :) sometimes the more mature dogs just don't bounce back as fast as a younger dog. Vets may just want to admit her for rest + I.V. fluids for a bit of a boost.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

I have a question :) What is the difference between the in-house tests and the ones sent off to the lab?