2016 Training Goals!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do it or Elsie CDX UDX JDX AD RA TT1 (Elsie)

Earn ADX title

Top 5 placing in Jumpers A

Top 5 placing in Senior

Jumpers A challenge certificate

Senior challenge certificate

Retrain tracking/try to stop the bunny tracking

Earn WDX title

Pass a Level 2 track

Qualify & earn points towards coursing ability title

Alarves Completely Awesome (Imp-Aus) (Ping)

Finish conformation championship title

Qualify & earn points towards coursing champion title

Start training CD exercises

Keep up with tracking training

Start on RN title

Learn weaves

Learn contacts

Compete in Jumpers C agility

Compete in Starters agility

Compete in Novice agility

Bojak Bindi Dreaming ADM ADO4 JDX JDO SD GDX SPDX

She is now 8 years old & as hard as we try, she just doesn't quite make the time for Masters Jumping :( and she seems to have lost what drive she had, especially in hot weather, so I am seriously thinking about retiring her & maybe just running her in Open Agilty & Masters Pairs. :( A bit sad really. I might get her into Rally O instead.

Dunwurkn Howz That AD JDX GD SPD Certainly no lack of drive with this one, so will put all my efforts into him...I would like to achieve in 2016

JDM.

ADX

GDX

SPDX

SD

ADO

JDO

I am going to the 4th border Collie Nationals next June, with both dogs...so that should be fun :)

Edited by sheena

Avenpart Ontario ADM JDM JDO GD SD (Kaos)

We had a great year this year, achieving our ADM and JDO titles and many placings in JDM and ADM, he has been such a good boy :) As he is now 9 1/2 years old I've decided to retire Kaos from competition at the end of this season :) so no more competition goals for him. He is now helping my daughter learn about dog training :)

Coogee Nitro (Nitro)

Actually make it into the agility ring and enter JD :laugh:

Edited by Kavik

Even though Mindy is only 5 she also seems to have lost enthusiasm for agility. she has achieved her ADM, JDM, ADO, JDO, SPDM GDX and SDX titles which is much better than I ever thought we would achieve! And pretty good for a low drive dog who would rather be eating chips in front of the TV! So we probably won't be going to as many trials next year

I'd like to finish off her GDM title- we only need 3 more passes which I think is doable. Gamblers is one of her favorite events I think because I run around like a crazy thing as well lol

I've never been able to get my head around snooker so I think our SDM is a lost cause

Otherwise I am happy with what she has achieved in agility. I don't think she really enjoys it- she doesn't mind doing it and of course likes to get treats after but she doesn't LOVE it like some dogs.

I'd like to start RATG trials as she really seems to enjoy retrieving. It's a bit difficult to train for on my own but I'llake an effort next year. I've also entered her in some rally o trials.

Edited by aussielover

I would like to be able to get to another herding trial and get a pass over 85 on both A and B course. If I do that Cole will be eligible for both his Grand Herding Champion and his Versatile Herding Champion. I didn't manage to trial this year and probably won't next year either.

H.Ch Cole Laird of Night of Ohutu HXAs HXBs HSAd HSBd (imp NZ)

Edited by Janba

Even though Mindy is only 5 she also seems to have lost enthusiasm for agility. she has achieved her ADM, JDM, ADO, JDO, SPDM GDX and SDX titles which is much better than I ever thought we would achieve! And pretty good for a low drive dog who would rather be eating chips in front of the TV! So we probably won't be going to as many trials next year

I'd like to finish off her GDM title- we only need 3 more passes which I think is doable. Gamblers is one of her favorite events I think because I run around like a crazy thing as well lol

I've never been able to get my head around snooker so I think our SDM is a lost cause

Otherwise I am happy with what she has achieved in agility. I don't think she really enjoys it- she doesn't mind doing it and of course likes to get treats after but she doesn't LOVE it like some dogs.

I'd like to start RATG trials as she really seems to enjoy retrieving. It's a bit difficult to train for on my own but I'llake an effort next year. I've also entered her in some rally o trials.

It is very sad when they lose their enthusiasm for something that WE love doing :( She didn't even enjoy training night last week & she usually loves that....could have been because there was thunder around though. We are going to try swapping dogs & see if that might perk her up a little...new handler..new dog...maybe :)

It is very sad when they lose their enthusiasm for something that WE love doing :( She didn't even enjoy training night last week & she usually loves that....could have been because there was thunder around though. We are going to try swapping dogs & see if that might perk her up a little...new handler..new dog...maybe :)

I know, its hard because I still love agility but I can tell she doesn't. Mindy is the opposite- she is usually slow at training but perks up for a trial. But lately she's been a bit flat at trials as well. Hopefully the summer break will be good for her.

We will give retrieving a go because she shows more enthusiasm for that.

Does bindi like herding?

AG CH 600 Yarrowfell High Society CD ADM ADO JDM JDO2 ET

Ziggy is 9 and is still as fit as a fiddle and as keen as mustard but I am easing him off in terms of agility as I'd like to keep him that way...he does plenty of free running, a bit of shaping, a bit of agility training and just a few games and the odd Open/Masters. I would like to get him back in the obedience ring - he did a perfect Open round at the Dalmatian Nationals only to blow his stays so I'd love to work on that.

Wrangham Cathy Earnshaw JDM RRD

Em is really blossoming...this year was a real confidence boost in terms of Jumping (fastest 400 height dog at the State Trial) and Retrieving (now has 6 Qs towards her AARD) - oh and she had her first litter of four stunning and talented pups which is an achievement in itself! In 2016 I'd like to continue down the same training path...start running her in agility and finish off her AARD.

Thornfield Empower

Ginny is just nuts. In the best way possible. I'm just looking forward to growing her understanding of agility and retrieving foundations. Maybe we'll trial next year, maybe not. In the meantime, if she learns to snuggle on the couch with me for more than 5 minutes I think that will be an achievement :laugh:

Oh, and my HUGE goal for 2016 is to develop an AWESOME recall out of water for both the Spaniels. Ginny is a disaster in the making (loves, loves, loves swimming!) and Em is unreliable when she is hunting for her own pleasure rather than working with me.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

I know, its hard because I still love agility but I can tell she doesn't. Mindy is the opposite- she is usually slow at training but perks up for a trial. But lately she's been a bit flat at trials as well. Hopefully the summer break will be good for her.

We will give retrieving a go because she shows more enthusiasm for that.

Does bindi like herding?

Does she ever :laugh: If I let the chooks out she will watch them all day & we no longer let her near the cows. Poor Cricket gets herded all the time...& I think that is part of the problem...she would rather herd him than play on her own, that is why she does so well in Strategic Pairs, if I can keep her under control. Unfortunately the nearest sheep herding to me is about 5 hours away. :(

Zimri (CH Llandwyn Crescent Moon (AI) CD JD RE HTMS FSS)

CDX (Open) - I think this is entirely achievable, as he has most of the exercises. We're going to try and them all together at a trial in a few weeks. Then aiming to at least have UD ready to go by the end of the year. He will be my first dog at UD, so new for us both!

RAE then Master, and maybe Rally CH under the new rules - we have all the behaviours for new signs, so should be able to manage it. For me, finishing creating a Rally O app for mobiles!

JDX and AD and SPD in agility. Need to get some distance on my Obedience dog, but won't risk our Obedience teamwork for it!

Both Novice DWD titles, if we find time, plus some judging appointments for me.

Inari (CH Sarasota Vanilla Cola)

Starting competition - RN and maybe RA in Rally, and at least her DWD Starters Freestyle title, maybe DWD heelwork if it comes together OK. Then aim for CCD. We're working on her running tunnels, so she can play in Jumping at agility trials. She thinks most equipment is evil, so I don't think she'll ever manage agility runs, but has a lovely jumping style.

On the side, we're going to try some herding, just for fun, and a bit more noseworks. I *think* that is enough!

Edited by Cleo's Corgwyn

Ours are pretty modest I suppose, I know I definitely want to be trial ready by next year and achieve RN and hopefully RA. I'd like to try for ET, I know physically we could both do it with a little more conditioning but the vet checks would probably preclude us from entering (Didi is not a fan of vet exams). Also hopefully attend some nosework classes and give Tracking a go.

Outside of trialing, I would like to see significant improvement in our heelwork and get Didi's recalls even better proofed. I'd like her to be able to perform stand for exam without being nervous even if its only with an instructor she knows and likes... the ultimate ideal would be standing for exam for anyone but that seems unlikely.

Mostly I just want our working relationship to get even stronger and thus our results even better, we've gotten onto a great path this year and made a lot of improvements, she's only just turned 2 and is my first dog so I don't have super high expectations, just enjoying figuring it out together :)

My training and trialling time has been significantly reduced the past couple of years and will continue to be so for another year, but I will come play in this thread for fun :)

My goals for next year include:

Ruby

ADX title

RM title

NRD title :crossfingers:

And give a restricted retrieving trial a crack just for sh!ts and giggles

Millie

JDM title

RM title

Pippa

ADX title

JDM title

CD title

RN title

Me

Hopefully finally graduate uni with my own hard-earned title after my name laugh.gif

We had a pretty quiet year in 2015 due to Scout having pups in the middle of the year. Gael got her ADX title and I retired her from working trials (tracking) as it is too time consuming a hobby to do with a dog that is blah about tracking and really hates stays :( even though it was my favorite sport with my previous dog. I will try again with Kep but not next year.

Kep got his RN and RA titles and is a joy to work with. He loves obedience type stuff which is nice as none of the others do. He did very well in the National Champs in Rally last month.

Scout had pups and added one more Field trial challenge and added nearly enough clear rounds in jumpers for her JD. She doesn't like agility as much, weaves demotivate her, so she only does jumpers now.

As you can see, 2015 has been a year of simplification into what the individual dogs enjoy :)

Ohutu Gaelic Blues ADX JDX CDX UDX WDX RE aka Gael

-Try and get more clear rounds than we did in Agility in 2015 (only 10% of runs were clear). Do less Jumpers A in 2016, as it is too much tricky handling for me and I don't enjoy it.

-Keep working towards RAE title, hard when in NZ you need to get 95 in Advanced B and 100 in Excellent B, plus we don't get to a lot of rally shows.

Eclaireur du Montier RA QC aka Scout

-Finish JD title (on 23/25, so only needs 2)

-Start working on JDX title (will need another 25 CRC as she is unlikely to get it by winning Jumpers B 3 times)long term goal.

-Try and add some more Field Trial CC (with my husband).

Ohutu Kepler's Mission RA aka Kep

-RE title

-Enter Novice obedience? (not sure)

-CDX title

-Start competing in Jumpers early in year

-Start competing in Agility mid year

Holmbrook Counting Stars aka Camo

-I have done Rally with my last 5 dogs so hope to do Novice with Camo in 2016.

-Natural ability test via New Zealand Versatile Hunting Dog Test Association, next one is in April

Well our 2015 goals went down the drain with 3 injuries and a big move to somewhere where I'm training all alone with no equipment.

So 2016:

- Move again in January and restart our agility training at a brand new club! (Also looking at rebooting our entire foundations)

- Get into the Rally and Obedience rings. I think that we are ready for Rally now. Just need to enter!

- Take an Fenzi online course.

Wiz had two litters this year so our trialling plans were put on hold. So I am looking forward to having 2016 to dedicate to getting in the ring :D

Wisdom

- start off with some rally

- hopefully knock off CCD and CD now we have some time

Daisy

- get the last leg of her RN title and maybe enter RA

Blaze

- keep progressing her obed work, hang on and hope we get through maturity with as little conflict as possible :laugh: and then maybe look at Rally or CCD by the end of the year.

Well our 2015 goals went down the drain with 3 injuries and a big move to somewhere where I'm training all alone with no equipment.

So 2016:

- Move again in January and restart our agility training at a brand new club! (Also looking at rebooting our entire foundations)

Where are you moving to Lisa??

So 2016:

Where are you moving to Lisa??

I'm moving to Armidale. So still far away from all the excitement!