How Would You

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bank would have no problem lending us the money but paying it back is the problem. We are also in a little court and there is restrictions on extending up.

If we sell move we will get a house (and possibly block) twice the size and have a smaller home loan to pay back.

This is very positive.

Have you started looking for another property yet?

Maybe just start researching councils which don’t have restrictions and look for properties in those areas?

You say you have managed a multi-dog household for 20 years, so there is your precedence which confirms your abilities. No reason why it can’t continue :) :) :thumbsup:

We have had a multi dog permit for 10-13 years, before that registration wasn't compulsory so we never had a permit.

I have found a much larger property under the same council but in a different area, I am going to arrange an inspection ASAP.

Spoke with the council and we will need to reapply for the permit but because we've never had a complaint, the dogs spend most of their time inside and we've had a permit for so long we hopefully should be ok.

Just hope the house is ok since it's quite old.

Good news I hope it works out!

• 2 weeks later...

We have had a multi dog permit for 10-13 years, before that registration wasn't compulsory so we never had a permit.

I have found a much larger property under the same council but in a different area, I am going to arrange an inspection ASAP.

Spoke with the council and we will need to reapply for the permit but because we've never had a complaint, the dogs spend most of their time inside and we've had a permit for so long we hopefully should be ok. Just hope the house is ok since it's quite old.

Any news. You know moving, selling, buying, renovations and all are of endless interest to us :laugh:

And not just interest: hoping that you can sort out any hitches, difficulties, with living arrangements. Can be very stressful.

The house went 'under offer' the following day so we missed out. At this stage my husband has agreed that we can do an extension within two years since he really doesn't want to move, my car is paid off at the end of this year so that will free up some cash.

It won't give us an extra bedroom but it will give us some more living space.

My decision would be to move somewhere where I could have all my dogs, which might mean a different state or council area even. But I am single, have no children and am ok financially - my dogs are my main commitment. If I had a family and we had to live somewhere specific to earn a living and send the kids to school then I agree that I would consider rehoming the dog/s who would most cope with having a new owner.

We just lost our oldest dog unexpectedly last month so are now down to a dog who chose us (and would not do well being rehomed - us abandoning her is her greatest fear) and my heart dog. I would readjust my entire life to ensure they both stayed with me if I had to but that is because I can. You absolutely have to put the needs of your children and overall family over those of your pets but I hope you can come to some arrangement so none of your pets have to be rehomed.

I know you have said no to an extension etc but I saw this last night and thought of you. It is a portable garden room - http://inoutside.com.au/

Somehow I had missed your post these look really good, we might just have to change around the whole backyard.

Our biggest problem is the entire one side of our yard has huge mature trees on it that we don't want to lose the other side also has a couple, we also have a shed (concrete floor) raised veggie patch, large aviary (has a decked floor)as well as our decking and patio. The centre of the yard is slightly raised and is all grass with the pathway going all the way around it.

Even though its a big yard the way it's set up its hard to change around especially for such a large structure.