Alizin Injection

Ejrlance

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can tell me how much the alizin injection costs?

It is possible my dog is pregnant. This is an unwanted pregnancy, she isnt desexed as i was told by my vet that she was too small for this procedure (as of right now she is roughly 2.5kgs, and is a chinese crested x chihuahua) advice i am now regretting listening to, as she recently went on her first heat cyle and managed to get out of the yard twice during that time. She only ever made it to around the corner but by the looks of her little boobies somehow during those few minutes she found a keen male.

Any advice would be helpful thanks.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can tell me how much the alizin injection costs?

It is possible my dog is pregnant. This is an unwanted pregnancy, she isnt desexed as i was told by my vet that she was too small for this procedure (as of right now she is roughly 2.5kgs, and is a chinese crested x chihuahua) advice i am now regretting listening to, as she recently went on her first heat cyle and managed to get out of the yard twice during that time. She only ever made it to around the corner but by the looks of her little boobies somehow during those few minutes she found a keen male.

Any advice would be helpful thanks.

How long since she came into season? Do you know when she first had bloody discharge and did you notice it change colour?

Its been about 3 weeks since any bleeding and her back end has gone back to a normal size. I didn't notice a change in colour it was a bright red the whole time, which was almost 3 weeks.

We'll be going to the vets as soin as they open up again. Jus thought id check here while im waiting.

There is a couple of very very old threads here so you may as well double the prices mentioned but at least you may save your dog so the cost is worth every penny.

Get it done as soon as!

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/108997-my-girl-is-getting-an-alizin-inj-tonight/

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/215222-alizin/

Thanks. We'll be going straight to the vets when they open up again,just wanted to get a bit of a heads up before we got there if it was possible.

There is a couple of very very old threads here so you may as well double the prices mentioned but at least you may save your dog so the cost is worth every penny.

Get it done as soon as!

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/108997-my-girl-is-getting-an-alizin-inj-tonight/

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/215222-alizin/

Thanks. We'll be going straight to the vets when they open up again,just wanted to get a bit of a heads up before we got there if it was possible.

Its been about 3 weeks since any bleeding and her back end has gone back to a normal size. I didn't notice a change in colour it was a bright red the whole time, which was almost 3 weeks.

We'll be going to the vets as soin as they open up again. Jus thought id check here while im waiting.

It will start to change to a straw coloured discharge on average about 8-10 days in - and then she is most vulnerable around the 11-16 day mark - but this is super variable. If you call the first day she bled Day 1, do you recall what days she got out? So she may be about 4 weeks pregnant OR she's having a false pregnancy. Either way your vet is the right choice. You might also consider an ultrasound. Good luck. For future reference my girls are only ever allowed outside supervised when they are in season. Otherwise inside.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Kittens are desexed from 8 weeks old so if you want to get your girl done I suggest you find another vet. You girl might be having a false pregnancy. An ultrasound will tell the story.

Thats what im starting to think. Ive had my bunnies desexed, but she was insistant that they couldn't desex such a small dog...will be going to the vets as soon they open up for a different opinion and to confirm our options for my dog.

It will start to change to a straw coloured discharge on average about 8-10 days in - and then she is most vulnerable around the 11-16 day mark - but this is super variable. If you call the first day she bled Day 1, do you recall what days she got out? So she may be about 4 weeks pregnant OR she's having a false pregnancy. Either way your vet is the right choice. You might also consider an ultrasound. Good luck. For future reference my girls are only ever allowed outside supervised when they are in season. Otherwise inside.

I had all the dates and info saved in my calendar but a software update wiped my phone so just going off memory now.

We'll be heading to the vets to confirm whats going on with her as soon as they are open again, rang around today and they are all still shut.

Ill be definitely more aware of her cycles in the future if it turns out i cant get her desexed. Its something ive never had to deal with having always had my dogs desexed, new territory for me.

Edited by Ejrlance

The alizin injection will cost less than all the possible complications of puppies on a small, young girl, especially when you don't know what males could have got to her. (or what size the dog was!) Maybe time to look for another vet? They spey kittens and ferrets, so what is so difficult about puppies?

The alizin injection will cost less than all the possible complications of puppies on a small, young girl, especially when you don't know what males could have got to her. (or what size the dog was!) Maybe time to look for another vet? They spey kittens and ferrets, so what is so difficult about puppies?

Many thousands of owners get chi's speyed ... if your vet is inexperienced with anaesthesia in small animals - perhaps find another ? Some vets are NOT good with anaesthesia/surgery, but are fabulous diagnosticians ... perhaps yours is one of these?

Gosh ..My vet used to anaesthetise and do surgery on mice, rabbits and guineapigs! they are SMALL