Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl::cry::)Yeahhhhhh!!!!! :):):eek:

Wonderful news Jodie ;)

Let's hope the Chemo doesn't set him back a tad, as each time he undergoes treatment he unfortunately has a couple of "off" days afterwards... Fingers crossed that this time he'll fly through without a hitch.

PS, you just made my day ;)

Edited by pampa

Thanks guys...

He is still bouncing along... Waiting for his porridge at the moment...

He has chemo again next Tuesday if his blood work from Monday comes back OK...

This is the tablets and if he goes down hill it is usually between 4-7 days after these ones...

So fingers all crossed we can go a whole chemo session without stopping this time...

Cheers

Jodie

Ollie cut his back paw pad at the park yesterday and it is really sore... There goes this weeks chemo again... Our vet won't do anything if he thinks that Ollie has any chance of getting an infection and as his paw is a small open wound, I really don't think we will be having the chemo...

Every time he misses the chemo it gives the cancer more of a hold on his body... Ollie was supposed to be on a 22 week chemo protocol and he has missed so much of it that we are now at 36 weeks an he still has not completed it... It is no wonder that the tumours come back so often...

He was not his well self last night... He has terrible wind and I don't know what has caused it... We are off to the vet today for blood testing to make sure his blood cell counts are OK... I will ask the vet about his tummy when we go up...

Now that is off my chest - I hope that this week will be as great as the last couple with Ollie...

Fingers crossed

Jodie

Thanks for the well wishes...

OK back from the vet:

Paw is OK, just a very small cut...

Ollie was a bit low yesterday and I put it down to the cut. Well he has runny poo and the vet checked him out and thinks he may have a light dose of food poisoning... So chemo will not go ahead until his tummy is OK... Don't know how that happened because he only gets HSD and fresh food that I cook - nobody else feeds him...

So he is off the macrolone and back on antibiotics again...

Waiting again

Jodie

Wolf girl, this is Ollie's 2nd thread - we have had more than our fair share of bumps in the road... But most of the time I am really positive, thanks to the wonderful DOLers that I have for support - you know who you are...

The lad is trying to sit on OH lap at the moment... He is a bit sooky... But fine, he just had dinner and is trying really hard to get OH's dinner...

Helen, the vet checks his throat all the time and he can do some other test to check further down but I have arrived at the stage where I think enough is enough - the fewer invasive tests the better...

I spent a bit of time on the phone today with the girls from All Natural Vet Care and we have ordered some more holistic stuff... I will call Sue again in a week or so when we have the latest blood work back... I am thinking about taking him off the chemo and the macrolone. Just using the antihistamines and the holistic stuff... Well that is how I feel this week - it is so up and down sometimes :)

Jodie

Dang it, Jodie. Sorry to hear of this set back.

... we have had more than our fair share of bumps in the road...

Sometimes when you're driving that bumpy road, it feels like your 'shockers' have gone and every bump is like hitting a rock. But then the 'shockers' come good and although the bumps are still there, you're making progress. I hope the latter becomes Ollie's case. Sending you 'strength' thoughts, Jodie and 'healing' thoughts for good ol' Ollie. :)

Edited by Erny

Jodie,

The vet just needs to check Ollies feaces for blood ...

Maybe speak with Sue about Slippery Elm which coats and soothes the GI tract. Nothing invasive at all. Lucinda had some bleeding which was easy to see as it was from the bowel...but any bleeding further up is harder to pick as it is not so noticible in the feaces.

I check his poo all the time in case there is anything sinister going on (the things we do :) )...

You are a mind reader, my OH and I were discussing the ulcers he can get and he said, 'ask your friend on line'...

Thankyou, I will call Sue today and see if it would be OK for him...

Jodie

hehehe! poo checks. such a fun occupation. years ago when my heart dog Morris had thrombocytopenia ( which causes bleeding) we needed to check each bowel movement. Now Morris was a very private dog and if he noticed that we were watching him he would scurry off and go about his business out of sight. So we would take it in turns to watch thru the binoculars...then one would direct the other to THE SPOT. now Morris was a huge dog ( 70kgs) and of course did huge poos ( :) ) but by golly it was hard locating them just the same. Many a time i just knew I was in the right vicinity- that odour is unmistakable - but actually finding the target could be time consuming.

Sometimes i wonder what they think about our apparent obsession with their bodily functions. LOL

Argh....

Blood cell count way too low to do chemo again...

We have to wait until at least Friday for another blood test to check levels... So now chemo will be a least a week late again...

He is fine - munching on half a scotch finger biscuit on the lounge (he is so spoilt :thumbsup: )... But worth more than all the lounge covers in the world ;)

Jodie