Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

Go Ollie! Doin' well, lad! ..... although it might be better if you back off on the destruction of those european pillows :confused:.

Good to hear your news, Jodie. All the best and fingers crossed for some steady time in "wellness mode".

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are obviously feeling well again... :rofl:

I stripped the beds yesterday morning and stupidly left the bedroom door open... My fault, I know he cannot help himself...

He destuffed my european pillow - only mine, nobody elses... :confused:

We have not been walking all week, but I think he is bored so we will head out tomorrow morning for some much need exercise...

The destuffing certainly goes hand in hand ( or should i say paw in paw LOL) with feeling better.

I guess you have a few choices here.... walkies or buying european pillows in bulk for destuffing.

So thrilled that Ollie is feeling so much better.

We just spent the whole night up with Ollie - I have never seen him vomit so much...

He does not have a temperature, which is a good thing - so it is probably not an infection... So we will be going off to the vet again this afternoon.

He seems hungry this morning but I have only offered him about a quarter of a cup of his HSD-UD and water.

Poor baby, he is really flat this morning.

Jodie

I'm glad he doesn't have a temp, but that still sounds like a worry.

Fingers crossed it was a temporary stomach upset due to performance anxiety. All these DOLers wanting to know how he's doing would be enough to make any pooch nervous :rofl:

Hang in there, Ollie dog. You're doing great, mate ;)

Hi all,

Just to let you all know, he is OK - just another stomach bug... Our wonderful vet has done a full blood count again, just to make sure it is nothing sinister...

On a very good note:

The pea sized mast cell tumour that has been on Ollies right rump for the last few months, cannot be felt anymore :rofl: Even the vet said that this is great progress considering all the time he has missed his chemo.

I know he is not cured (he cannot be, apparently) but I must admit, I was so happy when the vet went to check the lump and could not find it...

Warley, I would love to come and visit if MR nasty pants would be nice to other dogs - he has been a real toad lately, too bossy and cranky...

I could still come over for a visit :eek:

Cheers

Jodie

The vet called this afternoon - Ollies blood tests were OK, white cells were a little high (makes a change, they are always so low)... However because he has still been vomiting, we have decided to delay chemo until Friday. If he is still vomiting on Friday, it will be delayed until he is well enough...

We went for a walk this morning and he bounced around the park - it is his first walk in over a week...

Jodie

No chemo as the vomiting has not really stopped. He is not being sick very much but enough so the vet would not do it today.

We have come home with some tablets to help his tummy and another course of antibiotics...

Maybe next week when we have finished this lot of antibiotics he can have the chemo. He only has two more lots of chemo before he is finished this protocol. Then we are just going to use the Macrolone (one every second day) for a while to see how that goes.

At this point I don't think I will put him through another chemo protocol...

Cheers

Jodie

These set backs are so frustrating, Jodie. As you would know, I fully understand and empathise. You are doing so well with Ollie and you are a tower of strength and patience for him. Good for you - your journey with Ollie helps to inspire me in my journey with Kal. For this, I thank you.

But I am sorry that Ollie isn't feeling the greatest and do hope that you can stop his tummy upset so he can finish this present chemo protocol.

I so wish you both well. You've both come so far.

Come on Ollie, come on, come on ......

this is just what i did not want to hear. ! come on Ollie lad you can do it my boy.

Jodie, this bloody rollercoaster ride gets exhausting for everyone concerned..please remember to take good care of yourself as well as you are taking care of Ollie Dog.

hugs to you Jodie and of course special tummy rubs to Ollie

Helen

Helen,

Even the vet asked me yesterday if I was OK... He said I looked really tired...

It can be exhausting sometimes, especially at the moment as I am up and down with him quite a few times a night... But he is worth it... I can always catch up on sleep on the weekends (Ollie dog and I curl up on the lounge for a nap) - showing my age now :bottom:

I am confident that we can overcome this hurdle just like all the others. He now has some antiacid medication, so hopefully that will help with the tummy problems... And some more antibiotics (just in case)...

I just made a huge bowl of porridge and could not eat it all, so he finished it off for me (so the appetite is good today)...

Will keep you all updated as we go.

Thanks

Jodie and Ollie dog

ETA a pic as I have not posted one for a while. This was taken just before Christmas last year... (I really need to get some new pics of him)

post-1950-1151708097_thumb.jpg

Edited by Staffyluv

well snoozes are great! in particular with your fur kid snuggled up beside you.

rolled oats are soothing for the tummy too..so Ollie is self medicating .

loved his photo..such a handsome profile! is that his best side or are there better things to come?