Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jodie - the courage you show and dedication you give to Ollie ......... let it warm your soul and strengthen your heart in return. Know that you have done (and still do) above and beyond in everything that you could and can do for the lad. No-one, or no dog, could expect more from you than what you have given and give now. For that, be proud and at peace with yourself. What will be, will be. I wish for you and Ollie another bounce back, but one way or the other, it will be right and as it should be.

Give Ollie a loving pet/stroke from me and hugs to you from me (and Kal).

ETA: "Come on Ollie, come on ....... "

Edited by Erny

I hope your baby perks up a little during the day and regains his appetite :rofl: Wish we could do more than just wait :laugh:

Thinking of you both and sending lot's of love and good vibes your way :rofl:

The vet called this morning and it is pretty good news as there is nothing in the blood test to suggest anything other

I feel a lot better today in myself after a pretty good nights sleep (on a mattress on the floor next to the lounge that he was on, so I could keep an eye on him)... I am so glad I have an understanding hubby, I know that some men just would not understand their wife sleeping with the family dog... Sometimes though, the reality that he is in fact dying is more than I want to deal with... I am still so afraid of saying goodbye to my lad :laugh:

Thanks again

Jodie and Ollie dog

Jodie, do hope that you and Ollie are having a better day today. I can completely emphathise with your thoughts on your hubby. When Lucy was sick recently, I slept out on the lounge with her in her bed beside me (wooden floors there in case of accidents). He understands completely. And when Darcy (previous dog) was in the vet's and we knew he wouldn't come home alive, despite having a hugely important work dinner on, hubby arrived at the vet's, supported all of us and took us home and paid a whopping bill without a question.

Sometimes we may complain about the lack of romance, but in my mind, this type of support makes up for it anyday!

Thoughts and best wishes for you and Ollie dog. :rofl:

how is our dol hero boy doing... . i have followed this thread right from the start i dont always put a lot of input in here , you have so much support and advise and you are doing an amazing job, ollie knows how much you love and care for him and he knows just how much you do for him

hoping that he has picked up again and in better spirits and al least eating for you.

i am inspired by your courage and dedication jodie.. big hugs to you.. and gentle kisses for ollie.. xoxoxox

His appetite is obviously returning... Youngest son was having a warm milo and a couple of monte carlo biscuits and offered the boofer the last one and he took it...

I have some carrot. pumpkin, zucchini cooked up in chook stock for him for dinner - I will try and feed him before Mooper comes to pick me up to go to the Chefs Toolbox party over a kaywomans house...

Hubby is on pooch sitting duties while I am out...

Ollie is still sleepy and clingy - he goes where ever I do...

Thanks all

Jodie and Ollie dog

Jodie, I hope yesterday's bad patch was just another pothole along the bumpy road you are travelling. I must admit that when I saw your change of title "gone down hill overnight..."

I did panic :rofl:

I hope you manage to have a decent night out and get your mind off the boy at least for a couple of hours.

Big courage hugs to you for what tomorrow holds, in hoping you won't need them. :laugh:

Edited by pampa

I woke up this morning on a mattress on the lounge room floor with a stafford peering into my face from about 10cm away. The moment I opened my eyes was obviously a sign that I needed a big sloppy kiss (NOT!)

I put down a half a cup of mixed veges and a little bit of chicken for him last night and this morning it is all gone...

He is not really interested in anything this morning but I will try him again later...

Maybe he knows if he holds out long enough the kids will give him all the good stuff...

He is a lot happier this morning, not so mopey. Must have been the visit and cuddle from Mooper last night...

Cheers

J

:rofl: To Ollie, continuing to get better an better each day. Who says, dogs are silly, they know how to get the goods. They just have to hold out a bit, and get yummy chicken. Smart i say~!~

I read in the paper over the week-end of a dog with the same diagnosis, who went into full remission, praying for that for you an Olie.

:rofl:

jls

Ollie went to hospital this morning. He has a high temp and he cannot hold anything down again (not even water)...

Vet thinks it is a combination of an infection and the follow on effects of the chemo he has a week ago.

Poor angel has not been well for a couple of days now...

Vet is going to give antibiotics and fluid to rehydrate him, then some Vit C intravenously (sp??) to make him feel better...

I have to call them later this afternoon but probably will not be able to bring him home until tomorrow ;) I miss him so much already and he has only been there for about an hour.

Fingers crossed he is bounces back quickly and can come home soon...

Jodie