Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok then. have been mulling over this for a while now. some thoughts:

as Ollie is also hypothyroid ( thats correct i think) has his thyroid level been checked recently? too much thyroxine can cause hyperthyroid symptoms such as vomiting. maybe as he feels better and he starts to digest things better he is absorbing more thyroxine.........this is of course way out there in the relms of almost impossibility.

What anti ulcer medication is ollie getting? maybe they can be tweaked. Does he get carafate?

In the meantine pounding the heavens on Ollies behalf.

ok then. have been mulling over this for a while now. some thoughts:

as Ollie is also hypothyroid ( thats correct i think) has his thyroid level been checked recently? too much thyroxine can cause hyperthyroid symptoms such as vomiting. maybe as he feels better and he starts to digest things better he is absorbing more thyroxine.........this is of course way out there in the relms of almost impossibility.

What anti ulcer medication is ollie getting? maybe they can be tweaked. Does he get carafate?

In the meantine pounding the heavens on Ollies behalf.

Carafate is what he will be on from today. They did give it too him a fortnight ago but only gave him one weeks supply - I think they wanted to know if it would help. He will be coming home with some today (I can pick him up after 4pm)...

Vet said he is still a bit flat but a lot better than yesterday.

T4 count for the thyroid is spot on every time we do it, so I guess he is getting the right amount.

To diagnose the ulcer for certain they want to do an endoscopy (sp??) but I really do not want to put him through another anaesthetic (sp??) - it knocks him around too much... But if I have too I will...

Between you pounding on the heavens and me begging daily I am sure he will pull through. He has too many people barracking for him...

Thanks

Jodie

I was sure the thyroid levels would be constantly checked....but said it anyway LOL.

Before an endoscopy have you had his stools checked for minute amounts of blood? I am sure there is some sort of test for this

Lucinda was getting both Ranitidine and carafate (and regular antihistamines). ( i was giving them apart as well) here is a link :

http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB/Proce...000/PR00154.htm

Bet Ollie will be gald when he is back home again.

HUgs

Helen

Guest Clover

Glad to hear your boy is home again Jodie :(. Good healing vibes and good thoughts on the way for you all.

hehe! nothing quite like sharing a nice salmon steak. yum. One of Lucindas favourites too...but it has to be mine before she will partake. If a meal make for madam ( made exactly the same way mind you..stir fried with asian greens) she will just turn her sweet little nose up at it. If I make up some for me and dash out to see if she will eat a morsel or two she scarfs the lot and looks for more.

Hugs to Ollie...THE DOG!

H

He is really quiet and no his usual smoochy, I needa sit on ya all the time self...

I wish I could be a stay at home doggy mum (what a life)... I work from home but need to go out to clients so much lately...

Will see how he goes tomorrow, if there is not happy chappy I will call the vet and just ask if it is normal for him to be so quiet... (it is not normal to me, he is usually all over me)...

Jodie

Thanks sweets...

He ate his dinner tonight - first time since he has been home... (he ate some of my salmon but would not eat his food)...

He managed to get his dads beanie as well and that turned into a 'catch me if you can' game... It did not last long but at least it was with gusto...

He is happier today as well...

But he still has horrible gas (phew)...

Jodie

well you know what you have to do now...share ALL your meals and snacks with Ollie..he has been planning this for years.

Last night I was up the paddock with Oscar..sitting there taking a small pieces of mince, flattening it, making a hollow putting some meds in, carefully wrapping mince around the meds, and popping it into oscars mouth. repeat this about 30 times. I am seriously wondering if i am sane.

Back to Ollie...the gas must make him uncomfortable poor lad.

HUgs

H

Glad to hear Ollie Dog is home with you Jodie, and seemingly feeling abit better.

You guys are always in my thoughts.

Hugs from me :cry: , and big sloppy puppy kisses from Loki and Bosco (and you know first hand how sloppy they are :thumbsup: )

Em

well you know what you have to do now...share ALL your meals and snacks with Ollie..he has been planning this for years.

Last night I was up the paddock with Oscar..sitting there taking a small pieces of mince, flattening it, making a hollow putting some meds in, carefully wrapping mince around the meds, and popping it into oscars mouth. repeat this about 30 times. I am seriously wondering if i am sane.

Back to Ollie...the gas must make him uncomfortable poor lad.

HUgs

H

Helen, the gas makes us all uncomfortable :rofl:

At least number 2's are back to the nice normal, hills science diet colour...

We went for a walk this morning - he is always so gung ho... Out there, saying hi to everyone and sniffing anything that looks remotely vertical... It was probably only about half our usual walk... But I thought I would build it back up over a week or so...

Hopefully he is back on the mend again...

Cheers and thanks for all the great moral support and advice.

Jodie

An update for those that want to know...

Ollie has a gastric ulcer (just another hurdle) and this is what has been making him so ill the past month or so...

Well it looks like we have it under control with meds, finally...

He is a little slower than a few months ago, but still loves visitors, food, toys and me (not necessarily in that order)...

Our walks are a little shorter but still the best part of the day for both of us (except for tummy rubbing time, just before bed)...

My heart still breaks every time I think of the fact that our time is so preciously short... Every minute counts...

Isn't it perfect how a small furry face can mean so much...

Jodie