Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vet is doing full blood work and I have not heard back yet, will let you all know as soon as I hear anything... They are doing another buffy coat test to see how many mast cells are in his blood... Vet gave him antihisthamine, antibiotic and anti nausea injections up there this morning.

He is still pretty flat and not eating at the moment. He is hungry because he keeps going to his bowl. I offered him a quarter of a cooked chicken breast chopped up and he would not eat it, just sniffed it...

Poor darlin' will only sleep if I am with him, as soon as I get up to do anything he is up and around and you can see it is hard for him. He walks very slowly with his head hanging down... I have decided to let the lads cook dinner tonight and I am just staying here on the lounge with him.

He is back on antibiotics, so if it is an infection they should knock it around...

Thanks for thinking of us.

Jodie

Jodie,

Can you try Ollie with something he has never ever eaten before? sometimes that helps. Jeeze even try ice cream maybe with arrowroot bikkies crumbled over the top.

i'll keep dear Ollie tucked warmly into my heart..... sending heaps of positive energy.

Hugs

H

Jodie ..... what about something like some vegemite mixed into some warm boiled water? If Ollie's stomach isn't feeling well, could be the chicken is a bit too heavy and maybe even a bit too fatty for him to cope with.

Or even some gravox (or some such) mixed in a bit of water. Might help to kick start his stomach to work again, or keep it from shutting down at least.

Maybe even add an arrowroot bicky into this and mush it up a bit.

Wish I had a magic wand. (Erny looks for "wistful" emoticon)

Thanks so much everyone...

I have been dreading the vets call all afternoon... As he has not called yet and it is nearly 7pm, I am hoping that he won't call until tomorrow - I am too emotional at the moment to deal with any news that may not be good... I am so afraid of bad news...

Just gave the boofer a couple of pieces of dry nutrigrain cereal and he ate that, so that has to be a good sign...

Hopefully we can get some sleep tonight, I have been up with him since the wee hours of this morning and I really don't think that helps the emotional state... But it is so hard to go to sleep, as I worry about him and listen to make sure he is snoring... If he isn't I get up and check that his chest is raising and falling...

I know I must pull myself out of this mindset for him and I will, it has just been a very hard day...

J

The vet called this morning and it is pretty good news as there is nothing in the blood test to suggest anything other than he has what he has. No sign of infection to speak of. The buffy coat test is not back yet and he will call as soon as he has those results...

He went to sleep last night at about 8pm and did not wake up until 8.30am this morning - must have needed the sleep. The lad is still quite flat this morning and his temp is still high and he is not interested in food at all.

I have tried everything from peanut butter to a continental pasta and sauce and everything in between... I put some yoghurt in his bowl this morning but it is still there. I will just offer different things from time to time and see what takes his fancy...

Thanks for all the well wishes, they really mean a lot to us...

I feel a lot better today in myself after a pretty good nights sleep (on a mattress on the floor next to the lounge that he was on, so I could keep an eye on him)... I am so glad I have an understanding hubby, I know that some men just would not understand their wife sleeping with the family dog... Sometimes though, the reality that he is in fact dying is more than I want to deal with... I am still so afraid of saying goodbye to my lad :laugh:

I am planning on spending the day on the lounge with the lad, so I will probably be on DOL most of the day because I have set my laptop up in the lounge and taken over the XBox adsl cable...

Thanks again

Jodie and Ollie dog