Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might be feeling like a pup again and having a good time but all this movement is givng him gas - phew, it is really bad...

I tried those charcoal things but he won't even look at them - I even chopped one up into tiny little pieces and put it in his dinner but he ate around all the miniscule pieces...

He eats 1 cup of HSD and 1 cup of mixed veges cooked in chicken stock daily. He gets a couple of treats - usually a dentastick (because he won't eat raw bones) and a lucky dog bone biscuit sometimes...

Any suggestions??? The smell is getting to everyone...

Any suggestions??? The smell is getting to everyone...

:laugh: I'm glad he's feeling well enough and is around to fart, as I'm sure you are too! :rofl:

Have you tried adding juiced up/finely chopped up parsely? I know that helps with breath .... not sure about farts, but it can't hurt. :rofl:

It makes sort of sense to me. He has had a very sensitive and upset tummy , all that vomiting etc. So now he has gas! maybe due to poor digestion or excessive fermentation in the bowel. ( what do his stools look like? ) Maybe put some grated apple and yoghurt out for him to sample.

I would be consulting with barbara or Sue as to what to do...probiotics, digestive enzymes, etc spring to mind but would certainly not add anything .

BTW..can you easilyget to Sydney with Ollie for a consult? I feel that with the probs Ollie has been having a hands on consult may be the way to go.

HUgs to you both and tummy tickles to Ollie

Thanks...

I agree, a consult with Sue would be a good idea (if only I had time).... I am an accountant and the next couple of months see's me working until the wee hours nearly every day... I am also doing my Masters at UNE and seem to have a never ending amount of assignments due all the time...

I can make time, I always have in the past... And I will this time...

Grated apple and yoghurt?? OK, I will give that a go... Does it matter if it is vanilla flavoured (his favourite) - of course a probiotic type like Jalna...

One Q... The Vit C that I am using is just a chewable one. Should I be looking at the buffered one that is kinder to the tummy for him???

Do dogs use the same digestive enzymes that we use... I have some here from my natropath that I take (one twice a day)...

Apart from the gas (and in the grand scheme of things - it is nothing), he is so well it is disgusting... I was chasing him through the house today (he had my tea towel) and he jumped all over the lounge, then onto the youngest ones bed - just to get away from me... All the while teasing me with the tea towel in his mouth... It was music to my soul... To see him so well after the last scare...

Cheers

Jodie

sure sounds like *our* Ollie has rebounded well. Such great news to hear.

Can you get some "gentle C" I got some from All natural Vets. It is supposed to be less irritating. I dont use synthetic C now on the stuff from rosehips. LOL

Re yoghurt I use the biodynamic plain one from Jalna. All my guys love it.

I only thought of a visit in the fur, as Charissa ( the holistic vet treating Oscar) picked up some things such as very poor pulse in the hindquarters that I would not have and Tony did not either. So sometimes they know what to look for better than we do. BTW Oscar is holding his own, and so is Lucinda. margali found her bark for a short while and is in the process of loosing it again. Something is going on with her....

Looks like we are having a relapse of whatever made him really sick last time... It has come on really fast - how can they be so well one minute and so sick the next...

I have been up with him since about 2am, just waiting until I can call the vet at 8am...

He is pacing (he walks like he does not want to move, so slowly) and panting, has diarrhea and as yet has not vomited but is acting like he needs too (is keeping his head low and facing to corner or trying to hide under the coffee table)...

He won't let me take his temp but I can tell it is up as he is quite hot to touch and his nose is really dry.

I have given him 30c of ipecac from the herbalist and he still has not settled, it might be just me but I really don't think we have much success with these drops, I might have to get something stronger or ask the vet for antinausea meds...

It has only been about 2 weeks since he was sick last time, feels like it is becoming more frequent and more severe.

This bout cannot be put down to the chemo because he has not had any, we have decided not to bother with the last session and to just continue with the macrolone and the holistic approach.

Will update once I have talked to the vet...

Jodie

Just got back from the vets and had to leave my angel there again...

He is going on a drip just like last time... It is not as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago, thankfully...

It was also suggested that perhaps it is time that I keep a journal to see how many good days to bad days he has...

Jodie

It all goes to Sh1t some days... I have just had an accident and rolled my ankle and now I cannot walk... I have always had weak ankles and it seems to get worse the older I get... I turned the same ankle back in March and it has not really felt right ever since...

Thanks guys...

J

Ah, poop. Sorry to hear about your ankle, and very sorry to hear Ollie is on a downer. He'll bounce right back again, I'm sure.

The journal sounds like a very good idea. If only to remind you of the many good days when the inevitable bad ones roll around ;)

Best wishes for Ollie - I used to keep a diary of meds/diet for my Neelix when he was very ill - had my own set of codes for poo quality.... it did help me keep my head around where he was up to.

Re the ankle - if at all possible get to a physio asap - they can do some work on it to get it healing and give you some exercises to help strengthen it .... they work if you do them religiously .. My ankles have gotten dodgier (sp) as I've gotten older too.

It all goes to Sh1t some days... I have just had an accident and rolled my ankle and now I cannot walk... I have always had weak ankles and it seems to get worse the older I get... I turned the same ankle back in March and it has not really felt right ever since...

I am confident he will bounce back again - gotta think positive...

Just spoke to the vet and he is going to keep the lad in overnight. He is sure that it is related to a stomach ulcer and is going to send home some stronger meds to deal with it.

You can tell he is really suffering with pain and nausea when it happens, should I be asking the vet if there is anything I can treat him with here at home until I can get him to the vets - the attacks (for want of a better word) seem to nearly always start around 1am.

So far we have tried Ipecac from the holistic vet and unfortuately it does not seem to make any difference as it is really only for nausea, not nausea and pain...

I think I will have a D&M with the vet tomorrow.

Jodie

Ups & downs and ups & downs and ups and downs and ups & downs and ups and downs and ups & downs and ups and downs and ups & downs and ups and downs and ups & downs and ups and downs and ups & downs and ups and downs and ups & downs and ups and downs and ups & downs and ups and downs and then the UPS...

Jodie you wonderful woman, hang in there. Today/tonight is obviously not a good one but don't forget we are all aching with you. Look after that ankle 'cause before long you will be needing to run around like a crazy bugger trying to get that teatowel of that cheeky little dog of yours again !

Cheer up lovely :banghead:

An ulcer can be treated and at least you know what you'll be facing...

That is right pampa... Somedays I feel like I am dangling on a yoyo... But we do what we do... Just so long as there are more good days than bad days, I will be happy and positive...

It seems to be in fortnightly waves - even the vet commented on the timing this morning - weird huh...

The house is very empty without him, he is usually hogging most of the lounge at this time of night...

Cheers

Jodie